50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

15 30.00%
  • Clinton

10 20.00%
  • Move to Canada/Grand Cayman

25 50.00%
Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Not to disturb the narrative here, but the net migration since 2009 has been outbound to Mexico.

Building a wall might actually keep them in.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    What tax rates are you facing in both locations?
    None. Jobs are with DOD.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I am leaning towards a write-in. I don't want to vote for either if that's our choice.
    Monty Brewster, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Not to disturb the narrative here, but the net migration since 2009 has been outbound to Mexico.

Building a wall might actually keep them in.
    Wow that's surprising. Is that legal/documented immigrants, or all?
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Wow that's surprising. Is that legal/documented immigrants, or all?
    http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/1...ng-to-the-u-s/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I really can't see myself voting for either of them. If Clinton wins I could probably still live here. If Trump wins both my wife and I have overseas options with our current employers. Even before all of this political crap was going down, my wife's company had brought up some overseas options. So it really isn't out of the realm of possibility that we will be heading out of the US anyway. A Trump presidency just means my wife will likely put it on the table and she's important enough to her company that they will make it happen.

No matter who the President is, I think an international assignment makes sense. Always good to broaden one's perspective.

It's amazing to me that GOP voters would essentially ensure a Hillary presidency and Democratic Senate by making Trump the nominee. I know Rubio isn't the most appealing candidate, but at least he would have a shot in a general election compared to Trump and actually be able debate policy with her. Hillary will finish somewhere in the range of 332-365 electoral votes if Trump is the nominee and win an electoral landslide. Even with an electable nominee, it would have been hard enough for the GOP to keep the Senate with 24 seats up for reelection compared to 10 for the Democrats.

The GOP establishment did this to themselves. People are tired of the entire party being bought and paid for by the highest bidder. The same thing nearly happened to the Democrats with Bernie Sanders' popularity. People want a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, and not a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations.

I don't like Trump (nor do I really like Hillary all that much), but you've got to applaud the American voters for at least recognizing that this populist movement is necessary to make a point to the establishment that both parties are tired of having their reps cater to the special interests that fund their campaigns instead of their constituents. It's just sad that the right had to turn to a racist, sexist xenophobe to give the middle finger to an establishment that has been nothing more than pawns for their campaign donors. The days of Reagan and moderation in the GOP are over. His platform wouldn't stand a chance in today's electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoX View Post
    you've got to applaud the American voters

The general election is going to be Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump.

So no, I do not have to, and will not, applaud the American voters.

Also, I wouldn't be so confident of Clinton beating Trump. Clinton has proven time and time again to be a horrific campaigner. Trump could certainly give her plenty of trouble in the general.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The general election is going to be Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump.

So no, I do not have to, and will not, applaud the American voters.

Also, I wouldn't be so confident of Clinton beating Trump. Clinton has proven time and time again to be a horrific campaigner. Trump could certainly give her plenty of trouble in the general.
    I agree that both candidates suck, but voters are sick and tired of their politicians being bought off by special interests, and this type of populist movement is necessary if the government is ever going to have meaningful campaign finance reform. You have to start somewhere, and this is what you get when voters can't stand the status quo...a shitty (yet primarily self-funding) candidate who routinely makes racist, sexist and xenophobic comments...and then proceeds to wipe the floor with the rest of the party's candidates.

When your presidential candidates are talking about penis and hand sizes, hair, make-up, spray tans and sweating, you've officially hit rock bottom. Sometimes that's necessary when the party needs to be completely rebuilt.
    Last edited by ChicagoX; 03-01-2016 at 02:14 PM.