Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farr

Quote Originally Posted by Muncie View Post
    I thought Reynolds and Austen both played well
    Jalen seems to decide to shoot without having much of a clue about where the basket is. I don't know why he hasn't developed a more refined post game. Others have with the same coaches.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    LAJ was good, but I didn't think Reynolds was that great. 5/15 shooting. Took too many bad shots and missed way too many 4 footers. Needs to be much smarter in his shot selection.
    Jalen's shot around the rim is awful to say the least. Great athlete in space and pick and roll, but the rest of his game is bad. O'Mara is money around the rim on the other hand.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Jalen seems to decide to shoot without having much of a clue about where the basket is. I don't know why he hasn't developed a more refined post game. Others have with the same coaches.
    Good description. It's embarrassing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Good description. It's embarrassing to be honest.
    Yeah, knowing the basket is "somewhere to the north" is just not enough information. It's like SCUDs from 4 feet! (And one, inexplicably, from outside the arc!)

Supporting Member
    Jalen needs to take advantage of his power dunks around the basket. He needs to move his feet around the basket and anticipate in rebounding. He has the strength and hoops to be great if he would apply them. Please try Jalen !

On the bright side, JR may decide or be told that he is not ready for the NBA or oversea and he need to stay for another year.

O'Mara reminds me of Will Caudle.

Big, not very reliable (unless you count 3-4 points) none last night. And a horible ft shooter.

Down 5 and he misses 2 clutch ones.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    O'Mara reminds me of Will Caudle.

Big, not very reliable (unless you count 3-4 points) none last night. And a horible ft shooter.

Down 5 and he misses 2 clutch ones.
    O'Mara is not a good free throw shooter, but otherwise this isn't true. He's shooting 61% from the field and has a variety of post moves to boot, and that's with a fairly high usage rate, 21.2% (label of "significant contributor")

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    O'Mara is not a good free throw shooter, but otherwise this isn't true. He's shooting 61% from the field and has a variety of post moves to boot, and that's with a fairly high usage rate, 21.2% (label of "significant contributor")
    I find that part of his game very encouraging. VERY, for a sophomore.