Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Doc is a front running piece of garbage. The Enquirer would have been better off to fire that POS and hire Gregg Doyel as a columnist.
    I sent him a scathing email after the brawl when he wrote an article slamming Tu Holloway for his "gangsta" comment- even though it was clearly Doc and Bill Koch that baited Tu and Lyons into making those comments. (This was verified to me by a media member who was in the room at the press conference). This after Doc purposely fueled the fire in his writings the previous week by lamenting the lack of emotion toward the Shootout that year and referring to Kilpatrick as "Killa". WTF was the difference between Doc using the nickname "Killa" and Tu using "gansta"? Apparently an awful lot because Doc never apologized for his comment and absolutely lambasted Tu. In fact on his email back to me, he called me a "thin-skinned one-view fanatic". Well, maybe I am, but that guy is a jerk. No props despite him writing about Xavier. Right now, he's forced to because there is NOTHING good other than Xavier in the Cincy sports scene right now.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Another Doc article (maybe you'll like this one better?)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...-him/79986908/

What a smarmy character is Pitino!!!

No, Doc still sucks.

When is Doc going to criticize YTG for "giving a beat down of his innocent players" when Mick always blames THEM for losing? He won't because that is too close to the truth- and too close to HOME. Pitino, while he may be a sleazeball, isn't in Doc's home market so he's an easy mark. Where was Doc's alleged outrage when BeelzeBob was running roughshod over ethics and academic integrity at SucKS? Noticeably silent. Two faced bastard.

No props.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 02-08-2016 at 08:08 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Doc is a front running piece of garbage. The Enquirer would have been better off to fire that POS and hire Gregg Doyel as a columnist.
    I sent him a scathing email after the brawl when he wrote an article slamming Tu Holloway for his "gangsta" comment- even though it was clearly Doc and Bill Koch that baited Tu and Lyons into making those comments. (This was verified to me by a media member who was in the room at the press conference). This after Doc purposely fueled the fire in his writings the previous week by lamenting the lack of emotion toward the Shootout that year and referring to Kilpatrick as "Killa". WTF was the difference between Doc using the nickname "Killa" and Tu using "gansta"? Apparently an awful lot because Doc never apologized for his comment and absolutely lambasted Tu. In fact on his email back to me, he called me a "thin-skinned one-view fanatic". Well, maybe I am, but that guy is a jerk. No props despite him writing about Xavier. Right now, he's forced to because there is NOTHING good other than Xavier in the Cincy sports scene right now.
    Agreed. PDoc can eat a bag of dicks.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Freshman
    Truth be told, Doc's co-workers hate him too. He's got that going for him.

For several years, I've refused to read anything he writes. MOR is 100% spot on regarding the brawl and press conference. Just because he's a decent writer doesn't mean his articles and opinions aren't garbage.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtemporaneous View Post
    Truth be told, Doc's co-workers hate him too. He's got that going for him.
    If that's true, I'm not surprised. He is a sanctimonious prick.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    ..he called me a "thin-skinned one-view fanatic"
    This is a very telling statement, a really weak response and speaks to the shallowness of his position.

You are allowed to be biased, perhaps expected to be so, and, in the context, OBVIOUSLY are. He is supposed to be a journalist (debatable) but, at least, a professional. He is expected to NOT have an agenda.

(Perhaps a level of guilt in the subtext, as well?)
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    He's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
    He's awful.
    Yes he is; bring back Tim Sullivan.