Three Underclassman From The Same Recruiting Class Go For 20

Don't take my word for it:

CINCINNATI – Trevon Bluiett, Edmond Sumner and J.P. Macura all hit the 20-point mark to help the No. 6/5 Musketeers top a hot-shooting Marquette team, 90-82. The trio's performance marks the first time three players Xavier players have posted at least 20 points in a game since Jamel McLean, Mark Lyons and Tu Holloway each posted 20-point games against Wofford on Nov. 27, 2010. The win moved the Musketeers to 21-2 overall and 9-2 in BIG EAST play in front of a sell-out crowd at Cintas Center.
    Now this may be the first time since 2010 that we have done that. But Tu Holloway and Jamel McLean were upperclassmen.

When was the last time we had three underclassmen go for 20?

RIP Mark Stats-R-Us Wagner, who passed away a few years ago, God Rest His Soul. Now that he is gone we may never have the answer.

I would not be surprised if this has never happened in the modern era, if at all. But alas, I could be wrong.

So they said last year the crew coming in was "OUR BEST RECRUITING CLASS EVAH". I remember taking that with a grain of salt. Every year we gush about the recruits.

Except last year we really did get a bumper crop. One for the ages. And besides Trevon Bluiett, Edmond Sumner and J.P. Macura , we also have LAJ, Irish, and the unknown quantity of Makinde London. From what I have seen, none of those guys will transfer and all will play. And they are going to play well.

I remember a game earlier this year that everyone in that recruiting class scored and I was giddy. Well today I am still excited.

This may well go down as the best class in Xavier history. I know already, it was dubbed that from the beginning. But who actually believes that hype from the spin doctors of hoop? People talk up classes all the time.

Three of them went for 20 today, and they are all underclassmen!

BOOM!

The sound of the Sonic Boom that you just heard came from a time traveler from the future, and she just said:

Xavier Earns Another Top Seed
    3/15/2018 By Shannon Russell
    Cincinnati Enquirer

Xavier's path to defending their title became clearer as the Musketeers secured another top seed in the NCAA tournament. The Musketeers have been continuously ranked in the Top 10 since December of 2015.

Xavier wrapped up their 3rd straight Big East Championship on a night where Seniors Bluiett and Marcura, along with junior extraordinaire Sumner went for a combined 76 points.

Xavier athletic director Greg Christopher said "I am truly the luckiest man alive, this program is basically on autopilot. I call up Bobo all the time and thank him for leaving me the keys to the Kingdom."

In a related development, sales of Xavier "SMELL THE GLOVE" T-shirts are now in their 14th printing, with no end in sight.
    My futures so bright I gotta wear shades.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

...and the previous trio did so against the mighty Wofford Terriers (think yappy little dog - not even a University)

Not that the Marquette Golden Eagles (not even traitor-DiUlio Warriors) are the be-all-to-end-all...

Tremendous accomplishment, to be sure.

What about the Kaiser?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

In defense of my city of residence, Wofford college is a great little school. For years its average enrollment was less than the average SAT of the students.
    They compete very well for a school their size in BBall and football. With high academic requirements, often their football players come from the greater Cincinnati area (Moeller, etc.) where their coach (Mike Ayers) has long and deep ties.

For the Muskies to have 3 20 pts players in that game noted, it had to go to triple overtime. The showing yesterday with our underclassmen was much more impressive.

2 years after the Wofford game mentioned, they came back to Cintas and beat us by a point. As I know the Wofford coaches, and often run into the BBall coach in the store, he is not letting me forget that game.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

3 20 point performances from the same recruiting class? Not sure it's ever happened before, but the only time I can think of it being remotely possible is if three of Posey, Williams, Brown and Lumpkin went off in the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Don't take my word for it:

Now this may be the first time since 2010 that we have done that. But Tu Holloway and Jamel McLean were upperclassmen.

When was the last time we had three underclassmen go for 20?

RIP Mark Stats-R-Us Wagner, who passed away a few years ago, God Rest His Soul. Now that he is gone we may never have the answer.

I would not be surprised if this has never happened in the modern era, if at all. But alas, I could be wrong.

So they said last year the crew coming in was "OUR BEST RECRUITING CLASS EVAH". I remember taking that with a grain of salt. Every year we gush about the recruits.

Except last year we really did get a bumper crop. One for the ages. And besides Trevon Bluiett, Edmond Sumner and J.P. Macura , we also have LAJ, Irish, and the unknown quantity of Makinde London. From what I have seen, none of those guys will transfer and all will play. And they are going to play well.

I remember a game earlier this year that everyone in that recruiting class scored and I was giddy. Well today I am still excited.

This may well go down as the best class in Xavier history. I know already, it was dubbed that from the beginning. But who actually believes that hype from the spin doctors of hoop? People talk up classes all the time.

Three of them went for 20 today, and they are all underclassmen!

BOOM!

The sound of the Sonic Boom that you just heard came from a time traveler from the future, and she just said:

My futures so bright I gotta wear shades.
    F-ing Outstanding! You are the King!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Without checking the first place to look is the XU vs Loyola Marymont game.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Without checking the first place to look is the XU vs Loyola Marymont game.
    Amazingly enough, even though XU scored 115 points in that January 1990 game, only Ty Hill, Mike Davenport, Derek Strong and Jumpin' Jamal scored in double figures in that game. Tyrone scored 38.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    ...and the previous trio did so against the mighty Wofford Terriers (think yappy little dog - not even a University)

Not that the Marquette Golden Eagles (not even traitor-DiUlio Warriors) are the be-all-to-end-all...

Tremendous accomplishment, to be sure.

What about the Kaiser?
    triple OT i believe as well