Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freshman

Cool Big games for Xavier Hockey team this weekend!

Cincy posters and readers -- I wanted to let you know that the XU ice hockey team is playing 2 huge games this weekend @ the gardens...8:30 p.m. tonight & 2 pm tomorrow. The team is ranked #10 in the Atlantic region of ACHA club hockey D-3 (over 100 teams) against the #9 rated team. 2 wins would guarantee the program's FIRST EVER berth into an ACHA regional tournament, which a chance to move on to nationals.

If you're free tonight or tomorrow, head to the Gardens to help cheer the team on!! These guys have worked hard & would love to have the support!

Nice!!! Any sale of Xavier Hockey sweaters to raise money? I'd buy one. Music City Muskie's and the one worn by John Buccigross is sweet!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

My niece's BF is Center
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Good luck!
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Freshman
    XU swept #9 Fredonia -- 4 to 2 on Friday and 3-1 on Saturday!! This should actually help them solidify their spot in the ACHA D3 Atlantic Region tournament!! Rankings come out later today or tomorrow, so we shall see, but they were #10 and Fredonia was #9; the top 10 teams get a berth in the tourney.

If they make it, that would be a program first...they've come a LONG way since I played and I'm proud of them!

MOR -- I'm not aware of any sales currently. I know that they were offering jerseys for sale online but that is a couple years old. I'll ask the alumni board if there's a way to get some purchased and help the team out a bit! Will send you a PM later!

LET'S GO X!!!

Freshman
    Quick update -- Xavier plays in the regional tournament next Friday, 2/19 at 8:15 p.m. against Cal U of PA... The game is in York, PA. They're ranked #9 in the region and are playing for a berth in the national championship tournament this year! This is a program first and I couldn't be more proud of what they've accomplished in such a short time frame (10 years since the program's rebirth!).

MOR & anyone else interested in hockey sweaters, the team has been notified of interest and is working to put some sweaters up for sale online shortly. As soon as I hear more I'll post!

NICE!!! Good luck to them. And I'm in for a sweater...even if it's "game worn"....but please wash it first!!!!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by x_man11 View Post
    XU swept #9 Fredonia -- 4 to 2 on Friday and 3-1 on Saturday!! This should actually help them solidify their spot in the ACHA D3 Atlantic Region tournament!! Rankings come out later today or tomorrow, so we shall see, but they were #10 and Fredonia was #9; the top 10 teams get a berth in the tourney.

If they make it, that would be a program first...they've come a LONG way since I played and I'm proud of them!

MOR -- I'm not aware of any sales currently. I know that they were offering jerseys for sale online but that is a couple years old. I'll ask the alumni board if there's a way to get some purchased and help the team out a bit! Will send you a PM later!

LET'S GO X!!!
    Wait a minute. I want Xavier to excel in everywhere and in anything it does. And that means being happy for the hockey team.

But this Fredonia thing has me suspicious. That sounds very much like the name of the kingdom in Duck Soup by the Marx Brothers. Will Groucho and Harpo be at the Gardens?
    X A V I E R

Freshman
    Hey all,

Unfortunately the team fell to Cal U (PA) in the regionals, but to make it this far out of 100+ teams in the nation in D3 club is quite the accomplishment!

Some of you have asked about jerseys for sale...info on that is below.

The team will have a jersey sale from March 1 - Mid April. Point of contact for jersey sales is Dar Faroughi: faroughid@xavier.edu

Requests should have size, name (if wanted), number, and either Blue or White for color selection. Price is $105 for a jersey and $115 for jersey with a name plate.

Feel free to reach out to Dar with any inquiries -- he is the team's point of contact for alumni jersey sales!

Quote Originally Posted by x_man11 View Post
    Hey all,

Unfortunately the team fell to Cal U (PA) in the regionals, but to make it this far out of 100+ teams in the nation in D3 club is quite the accomplishment!

Some of you have asked about jerseys for sale...info on that is below.

The team will have a jersey sale from March 1 - Mid April. Point of contact for jersey sales is Dar Faroughi: faroughid@xavier.edu

Requests should have size, name (if wanted), number, and either Blue or White for color selection. Price is $105 for a jersey and $115 for jersey with a name plate.

Feel free to reach out to Dar with any inquiries -- he is the team's point of contact for alumni jersey sales!
    How do hockey jerseys usually run? Would I need to get a size larger or smaller than normal? Never bought one before so not really sure.