Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Luke Murray

Luke Murray

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Do we know that they are underpaid? How badly? I thought this was usually addressed when the HC was addressed. Has that been the case? I'm all for paying the guys, but the mystery surrounding pay makes it hard to tell how competitive we are.
    Our Asst pay is toward the bottom of the Big East. That's why we've lost several assistants to largely lateral moves, some in-conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    yes they are underpaid- Mack made a media point about it 3 years ago when we lost Ashley Howard to Nova.

No assistants have made the tax forms reporting the top 5 employee salaries that are released (and posted here often). So no assistant is making over $200K (that was the last threshold I believe). Granted that was like 2 years ago, and I believe this was addressed some when Mack signed an extention in 13-14 to not go to Cal. If you look around the nation that's pretty bad. I know there are a lot of other benefits and perks, but I think I even saw that Rick Carter is making in the realm of $500K as associate HC at depaul- so a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from being 3rd man at X.

Mack has been a huge advocate for this, and he should have even more bargaining power after this year.
    There is absolutely ZERO chance Rick makes in the realm of 500K. I'd be shocked if he made 300K. You're saying he makes more than first time head caoches at Mid-Major schools?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post

Luke is...future Head Coaching material and an upgrade over Rick Carter.
    So he has that going for him...which is nice.

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Compensation for everyone, from Mack on down, needs to increase significantly IMO.
    Well then, since Xavier is a private institution with lots of priorities and needs, the outside CONTRIBUTIONS need to increase significantly. Xavier's endowment is a at the bottom of the Big East and basketball funds the entire athletic program. This stuff doesn't happen for free.

That being said, Xavier did upgrade the pay for all the assistants after 2013. And, by the way. Anyone who thinks that Rick Carter is making $500,000, or even $300,000 at DePaul of all places is delusional. Maybe the worst AD and overall athletic program in the league.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Luke Murray

The Sedler family endowment which will pay the HC salary is in effect now. This in theory frees up the money that was used to pay Mack for other basketball expenses and operations I believe.
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Sophomore
    With the cost of living what it is in Chicago is $500k that ridiculous?

This was a school that was paying Purnell $1.8 million last year. They are in the midst of building a $100 Million arena - so I have no doubt they have upped their financial commitment to basketball.

I saw a tweet that said $500k when he left, but I could certainly see that being the case especially in Chicago.

The Associate headcoach at Nebraska is making like $450k, you're seeing it more and more where the associate head coach makes a large amount of money to basically ensure they'll only leave to run their own program.

Sophomore
    Here is a link to an article that alludes to Murray being payed around $160k.

http://www.providencejournal.com/art...09369/?Start=1

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    So Mack's salary, living in NK, is really like...$6 million?
    Plus dental coverage I'm sure.