Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jace Posey

But what is his defensive FT %
    Balls of Steele!!

I can't believe there's highlights on 9 year olds these days, what a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I can't believe there's highlights on 9 year olds these days, what a time to be alive.
    One day you may have kids, then you can see it first hand. I had a middle school dad tell me "this gym is full of people who want to see my son. He's like Lebron!". The kid was OK and started at Wake as a frosh, but not Lebron. Delusions abound!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    One day you may have kids, then you can see it first hand. I had a middle school dad tell me "this gym is full of people who want to see my son. He's like Lebron!". The kid was OK and started at Wake as a frosh, but not Lebron. Delusions abound!
    You know, in hindsight if you take all of this out of context, it seems so... pedophile-y, unless of course you're the dad. But still..

I think he might look good wearing a #41 Xavier uniform
    Section 201 Proud member of the Loudmouths. Our motto: Cheer often and cheer loud. And at times cheer long.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    On the other side, there was a kid who ended up having high d1 talent out there. That's pretty rare. He probably did look impressive against the other kids
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    On the other side, there was a kid who ended up having high d1 talent out there. That's pretty rare. He probably did look impressive against the other kids
    To be fair, the kid was very good. But we had 6 kids from that AAU team who played college basketball or football. Each dad thought his kid was the only kid. In a middle school game the kid came up to my son, his AAU teammate, and said "I don't even know you!". He learned that from his dad. On a fast break he had intentions of dunking over my son. Let's just say my son's "inner Bill Laimbeer" came out, and it did not happen. (We all hide a bit of that somewhere.) It kept the gym from erupting!

My point is, every dad has their own visions of their child. Often they are not well rooted in reality. This guy really thought his kid was the next LeBron. We learned a lot that year.

But Jace Posey sure is fun to watch!

Interesting tidbit... Bill Laimbeer played a sleestak in Land of the Lost.

https://twitter.com/ballislife/statu...975578112?s=21

Life comes at ya fast, little Jace grew up