Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Paul Olding

Prayers offered for a great Musketeer fan.
    X A V I E R

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I happen to sit next to Mr O and his wife during an A-10 tournament game here in Cincy many years ago. I have met some great people in my time following Xavier basketball, but Mr O was the best. He had so many great stories, and always beamed when speaking about his Musketeers. Mr O was a class act.

His son has sat in front of me in section 104 since the Cintas Center open, but wasn't at the game last night. He never misses, and if he does, he always GIVES his tickets to friends and family. Those seats were empty last night and it now makes sense why he would miss such a big game.

Prayers to the Olding family, and may Paul rest in peace.
    Funny we said the same thing. It was the trifecta and we didn't feel good about the game...Jalen lost the tip (he didn't jump), the fireworks didn't work on Xavier's side, and Vince (Mr. Olding's son) wasn't there. Now it makes sense.

Rest in peace, Mr. Olding.

Walk-On
    I never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Olding, but know his son and some of his grandchildren well. By all accounts a great man and great Musketeer. Rest in peace Mr. Olding.

Met Mr. O once, but have heard about him over the years from 87 and others. A good man and a true fan. May they say that about all of us one day. RIP Mr. O.

Paul Olding was and is XAVIER eternally. I can't say better.

I never had the pleasure to meet Paul, but it's very cool to hear about what an amazing supporter & key contributor he was to Xavier.

I thought it was great that both Byron and Joe paid tribute to Paul right before the start of the Seton Hall game. They had a ton of nice things to say, and I'm sure it was very much appreciated by the Olding family.

RIP!

It was kind of sad Saturday not seeing Paul and his wife sitting in their usual seats.
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-25-2016 at 11:19 AM.