Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Lunardi is an ESPN tool. I believe that he is part of the ESPN team that attempts to "recreate" the RPI numbers, but somehow generally get numbers lower that the real ones for teams in the Big East and higher than the real ones for teams in the "Power 5" and the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC (which ESPN televises).
    It's a marketing / perception issue more than anything else.

The reality is that Xavier sits right on the line when it comes to perception because the school has never made a "Final Four" (setting aside the idiocy of attaching so much significance to playing in a game that doesn't involve a championship trophy) -- and they'll continue to be the first time people brush off in these situations because of that. They're acknowledged as a good program with a huge "Yeah, but..." because of that fact.

Make it, and the media narrative will change about Xavier forever. No pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Plus he's had to witness the substantial separation in program success between St. Joe's and Xavier.
    I dint know St Joes was still playing basketball

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    It's a marketing / perception issue more than anything else.

The reality is that Xavier sits right on the line when it comes to perception because the school has never made a "Final Four" (setting aside the idiocy of attaching so much significance to playing in a game that doesn't involve a championship trophy) -- and they'll continue to be the first time people brush off in these situations because of that. They're acknowledged as a good program with a huge "Yeah, but..." because of that fact.

Make it, and the media narrative will change about Xavier forever. No pressure.
    Yes, and it hurts us that are games are exclusively covered by FS1 instead of ESPN. Still get nationwide coverage and I love the broadcast, but they are essentially ostracized by everyone associated with ESPN, which has far stronger coverage of college basketball.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It would be funny as hell if UConn ever decides to become an FBS independent in football and rejoin the Big East. If that happens, I'd love to see the Big East and American trade media rights where the Big East goes back to the Mothership and the American moves over to Fox.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    He also excluded Nova from being a championship contender. So of the 8 1 and 2 seeds in his bracket he named 6 of them contenders, excluding Nova and Xavier.

He then also named all 3 seeds as contenders (Maryland, Mich St, Iowa, and Oregon) and then also threw in Louisville and UK.

So he not only said XU wasnt a legit contender but he proceeded to name 12 schools that were other than us or Nova.

So his excuse for Xavier was we are too much of an overachiever. So because he and others didnt expect us to be this good that means we arent good enough to win it all? Ok, great logic Joe.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

For 4.2 million a yr., I 'd play on the Cartoon Channel. A-10 gets 350,000.
    2023 Sweet 16

Why are Xavier fans so repulsed by the idea that everybody doesn't think that Xavier is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that anybody that doesn't is a moron?

Why have some people never visited another fan's messageboard and have the impression that Xavier fans are somehow unique in this regard?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Why are Xavier fans so repulsed by the idea that everybody doesn't think that Xavier is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that anybody that doesn't is a moron?
    I dont think that at all but how can you take someone serious who names 12 teams as national title contenders this year and excludes 2 top 5 teams from that list and the reason he gives for one of them is that they are too big of overachievers? I mean at least say something of substance like our PG play is too young and inconsistent or something.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Lunardi is not on the committee. F- him. It doesn't matter. It's his OPINION.
    Zip'em Up!