Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I have forever been of the opinion that Farr is not an NBA prospect. He is a below average leaper, rather slow, average passer and hands, average footwork though improving, decent shot stroke. However my opinion has changed. He is an elite rebounder ala Tristan Thompson (slightly less athletic than TT). If you have an elite skill there is a spot for you on a roster to see what happens. Rebounding and hustle are not very teachable, and his intangibles are solid. He is by farr my favorite X player right now, and the clear leader of a contending team.
    Slightly less? A lot less.

Who cares about his frigging NBA status now. He has a season to finish and he is playing the best basketball of his life and seems to be enjoying the heck out of it. Basketball players come to Xavier to get a degree and finance those studies by playing basketball. I only care about Xavier . This is the best team I've watched in my 79 years, 60 of them in close association. Go Muskie

Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    Who cares about his frigging NBA status now. He has a season to finish and he is playing the best basketball of his life and seems to be enjoying the heck out of it. Basketball players come to Xavier to get a degree and finance those studies by playing basketball. I only care about Xavier . This is the best team I've watched in my 79 years, 60 of them in close association. Go Muskie
    As we used to say.....Right On! Right On!

Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    Soooo threads like this should not be created until after the season? I don't understand. It's basically a discussion of their future, which is fun IMO. Doesn't mean we don't enjoy the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Slightly less? A lot less.
    I don't know. TT is not coordinated, can't shoot, is not explosive, and vertical leap is probably average. He's got great hustle and drive, and a knack for rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I don't know. TT is not coordinated, can't shoot, is not explosive, and vertical leap is probably average. He's got great hustle and drive, and a knack for rebounding.
    I'm only talking about athleticism. This is what Draft Express said about him before the draft:

Thompson is a good overall athlete, adequately quick and explosive, bouncy and active around the basket. Even if he is not an elite athlete by NBA standards, his freshman season was characterized by his energy and while he is not particularly skilled, he asserted himself simply through his consistently high effort level.
    Farr would never get that written about him. I don't think they're the same player at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'm only talking about athleticism. This is what Draft Express said about him before the draft:

Farr would never get that written about him. I don't think they're the same player at all.
    That is true. I don't think they're the same either, just using the comparison that if you have an elite skill you can make a good living. I would consider Thompson an average athlete for his position.