Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    UD fan on the HLOH board saying UD would not join the BE bcuz the games are on Fox and Ud admin does not like their politics.

That's a good point. Did anyone watch the GOP debate on Fox Sports 1 the other day?

Megyn Kelley and Raf?
    2023 Sweet 16

UD fan on the HLOH board saying UD would not join the BE bcuz the games are on Fox and Ud admin does not like their politics.
    Uh huh. That's an interesting theory. That might be the most ridiculous assessment I've ever heard.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Thinking that Archie Miller would never leave is delusional. Every coach leaves every place eventually. But, if they're smart, they should be aware of this and shouldn't have any problem hiring a good coach once he's gone. The question I have is how smart they are, and how aware are they of who they can get that's good. Butler is good at this. VCU is good at this. George Mason is terrible at this. Tulsa may actually be even worse. We'll see how good Dayton is when that time comes.
    Verdict is still out on Holtman....

Delusional cryer fans

Lol I remember that. He kept claiming it too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

His handle is "Murphy." Perhaps the dumbest and most delusional of the bunch. Some of his fellow Flyer fans had to come over to shout him down, which just adds to them spending way too much time on a BE board.

The world according to murph:

- UD is swimming in cash.
    - UD is turning away applicants left and right.
    - UD doesn't bow to any broadcaster (they kind of operate on the same level as ND (with NBC), or not).
    - The A10 is perfect for UD.

That last bullet is true, as they can celebrate beating St. Louis up and then talk about making it into the Top 25 - maybe. Juggernaut. Just a juggernaut, which happens to pay Archie $2.5 trillion a year, while providing him a personal G6 as he settles into coaching at Dayton for life.

Love it.

BTW, if I recall correctly, I believe they had an AD change not to long ago, and they may have elevated someone from within. I suspect that means someone with limited hiring experience. UD, of all places, has proven that it can be clueless when it comes to hiring a coach. The jury is certainly out on that one.
    -
    X A V I E R

Delusional cryer fans

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    Why? He's doing a good job this season with defensively deficient personnel that can score in bunches (should be a familiar recent narrative to Xavier fans). They just never deserved a top 10 ranking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Thinking that Archie Miller would never leave is delusional. Every coach leaves every place eventually. But, if they're smart, they should be aware of this and shouldn't have any problem hiring a good coach once he's gone. The question I have is how smart they are, and how aware are they of who they can get that's good. Butler is good at this. VCU is good at this. George Mason is terrible at this. Tulsa may actually be even worse. We'll see how good Dayton is when that time comes.
    Tulsa is definitely worse. Not only will they lose more games, they'll end up on NCAA probation after Haith is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    I don't think it is. I was convinced he was really good before he even got to Butler. Last year was his first season, the program was in a tailspin, and they were noticeably better than the year before and exceeded just about every expectations. They're good again this year. They're not top a top fifteen team, so it makes sense that they haven't beaten any top fifteen teams. But, they have just one loss outside of the top fifteen, and that was at Creighton.

Now, having said that, they are in a stretch where they need to start winning. They need to be able to beat teams like Marquette, Saint John's, and Georgetown, who are clearly not top fifteen teams.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    - The A10 is perfect for UD
    -
    He got that one right. Should be an annual cakewalk to the title and autobid with no X, Butler or Temple. But they can't even seem to get that right. They love beating up on RPI 200+ (except LaSuck) in hs gyms.
    2023 Sweet 16