Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm afraid if I went there, I'd come back with some horrible disease. #RedScare?
    UDPRIDE was a lost opportunity when casting took place for One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
    Last edited by xudash; 01-17-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    What is the VD thing all about?
    This piece of comedy...that happens to be the visible logo of the school now:
    image.jpg
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Two things.

First. That logo does look like VD. Good stuff.

I occasionally look at the VD Cryer site. Good laughs. They are complaining that X posters are obsessed and frequently use "dillusional" too often. In the same thread they are convincing themselves Archie would not leave blah blah. Mention is made that he doesn't need more than his $2.5 million dollar contract as the job is great ... Google and in 10 seconds find he would be leaving $650,000. Use dillusional too much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph85 View Post
    Two things.

First. That logo does look like VD. Good stuff.

I occasionally look at the VD Cryer site. Good laughs. They are complaining that X posters are obsessed and frequently use "dillusional" too often. In the same thread they are convincing themselves Archie would not leave blah blah. Mention is made that he doesn't need more than his $2.5 million dollar contract as the job is great ... Google and in 10 seconds find he would be leaving $650,000. Use dillusional too much ?
    Yes, X posters are totally not obsessed with dayton...except for every two weeks when we have a new thread about their fan bases.

Grant it, I know I mention that with the avatar that I have...but then again, that avatar is just hilarious.
    Last edited by Titanxman04; 01-17-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I tend to believe that there is a difference between being obsessed and being entertained. In fact, if UC fans were like VD fans, we would probably be doing more of this with UC fandom.

Having material available for entertainment purposes is very different from having an obsession. First and foremost, there isn't anything to be obsessed about when it comes to UD: we have a superior program in a much better conference and a recent head-to-head result involving a 29 point drubbing.

If those poor idiots are dumb enough to represent - and believe - that Archie Miller is making $2.5mm a year, THAT is worth bringing up here for free laughs purposes:

Xavier Big East Chris Mack $1,109,453 -- $1,109,453 --

Dayton A-10 Archie Miller $652,049 -- $652,049 --

Maybe the balance comes from his TV show and commercials for Bubba Momma's Italian Restaurant in Dayton.

Let's not get too caught up in the standard Internet babble about all this, stuff like "we've moved on from VD; stop obsessing with VD, etc."

It's not like we bring them up here everyday. It's just that they do provide plenty of free entertainment when they go off like this.

Little Brother, having another Little Brother fever moment, and it's pretty funny.
    X A V I E R

Just to follow up from Dash's response above, here are the compensation numbers reported on each school's filed Federal 990 that are on public record:

2013 990 (covers 7/1/2012 - 6/30/2013)
    Dayton (Ryan J Miller) = $652,049
    Xavier (Chris L Mack) = $1,109,453
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 990 (covers 7/1/2013 - 6/30/2014)
    Dayton (Ryan J Miller) = $692,547
    Xavier (Chris L Mack) = $1,186,661
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For the tax period of 7/1/2012 - 6/30/2013, Coach Mack made $457,404 more than Archie.

For the tax period of 7/1/2013 - 6/30/2014, Coach Mack made $494,114 more than Archie.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You be the judge on whether or not you think that $2.5 million salary figure is accurate or not.

Just for clarification, Form 990 compensation information is reported for the calendar years ending in the organizations fiscal year.
    This means that that 2013 calendar year compensation is reported in the Form 990 for the 7/1/13-6/30/14. Your comparison may still be valid, just slightly different time periods.

deepX

This'll get fixed soon enough. OSU will hire him when Thad retires, pay him $2 million...and everybody will be scratching their heads.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    UDPRIDE was a lost opportunity when casting took place for One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
    UD fan on the HLOH board saying UD would not join the BE bcuz the games are on Fox and Ud admin does not like their politics.
    2023 Sweet 16

Thinking that Archie Miller would never leave is delusional. Every coach leaves every place eventually. But, if they're smart, they should be aware of this and shouldn't have any problem hiring a good coach once he's gone. The question I have is how smart they are, and how aware are they of who they can get that's good. Butler is good at this. VCU is good at this. George Mason is terrible at this. Tulsa may actually be even worse. We'll see how good Dayton is when that time comes.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White