Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We got our asses kicked on the road against a very good team that hasn't lost at home and may not lose at home all year. We also lost a very player about ninety seconds into the game, which had an impact.

With that said, I think we're fine. We played below our average without a key player against a team that played way above their average. And....that's it. We play again the day after tomorrow.
    Last edited by xubrew; 12-31-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    We got our asses kicked against on the road against a very good team that hasn't lost at home and may not lose at home all year. We also lost our best player about ninety seconds into the game, which had an impact.

With that said, I think we're fine. We played below our average without a key player against a team that played way above their average. And....that's it. We play again the day after tomorrow.
    Agreed.

It simply was a freak show today.

May Edmund be just fine for his sake.

And we move on.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Respectively diagree about nova being on a different level, unless you just meant how they have been the regular season championship for a few years now.

Nova just had one of those games today and Xavier lost arguably their most important player three minutes into the game. I have watched 6-7 nova games this year and they aren't nearly as good as they were today. I don't think they win the big East and I expect them to flame out in march like they have done for the past several years. They have pretty obvious flaws inside and that gets exposed against great teams...I think that would have happened today as well but once sumner went down, we were toast.
    That's what I meant, me referring to regular season in the beginning of the post was meant for the rest of the post. Different level in regular season. They suck in March and it's somewhat disappointing. I really only care how X does in March. I remember hating on UC fans for bragging about the big east in March, I'm not going to do the same.

Freshman
    I think this is an example of they're not that good and we're not that bad. Look forward to the rematch.

Unfortunately or maybe lucky was unable to watch game as i am sitting on a tropical island with poor internet connection. I think we'll be ok but it was a beatdown. I think it also exposed probably our one major weakness once our starting point goes down. Can't hang the spread all on the lack of Sumner. Had to be more than that.
    Last edited by letskeepitreal; 12-31-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Today's Game and Rocky III

I think 'Nova is pretty damn good. Better than us? I don't know. But they're certainly not much worse than us. We're close enough that on their court, with our star PG going down early, it wasn't a game.

One doesn't need to drag others down to ride to the top...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk