Requesting Away Game Tickets

According to this article, we can still request away game tickets.

Has anyone ever done this? This is my first time trying to request these but I can't seem to find where to do it via the My Musketeers page. Are the seats decent? Are you mostly near X fans?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.

I've always done Stub Hub. Not the cheapest option, but I trust it more than something unknown and if I'm traveling I want good seats. Sorry, that's of little help.

Unless you're a big roller, or know one, you're getting upper level nosebleed, which s what every visiting team gets for its fans. Used to be able to get decent locations at Butler, albeit bench seats, but not these days.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Requesting Away Game Tickets

No problem, thanks for the info guys. Stubhub it is.

I called on a few games a few weeks ago. Got tickets through the Xavier box office for the Marquette game. They're upper deck tickets for the same price you'll find on ticketmaster for the seats.(although they randomly took 10% off) Basically it assures you you'll be in a section with Xavier fans. Can probably find a better row for the price but I felt like sitting with the Xavier contingent for the game. Went the stubhub route for the other road games this year as tickets were unavailable through X/I wanted better seats for some games.

Going through Xavier and requesting away game tickets ... Best is to give a call to the XU ticket office: 513-745-3411 to make the request. Also, check out and attend any alumni-sponsored X on the Road events. Many alumni chapters have facebook pages that you can see if something is going on either for an away game or for a game viewing:
    Pro's: I imagine the program helps support the athletic offices of both universities. Tickets are usually the least expensive option. It's fun to sit with other Xavier fans.
    Con's: The away university (who supplies tickets) is happy to sell upper corner seats or upper row seats.
    Comment: At the Michigan game this year, I ended up buying seats down low for 5x the price of tickets through Xavier (a small extra amount given my drive and hotel costs). I was happy, but the Xavier ticket'ed crowd was great and loud. I would have had a great time with those seats in the rafters.

Buying from the ticket office at the away school.
    Pro's: Most have online systems that allow you to pick your seats at face value from those available.
    Con's: You get email and solicitations throughout the season. You've registered and joined some-other-school's nation.
    Comment: This has been a great way for me to get some great seats nearby (@DePaul and @Marquette). Sometimes the best time to buy is right when single game tickets become available late summer, sometimes it seems random when a season ticket holder turns in their ticket back to the school. I've been waiting to get an @Butler ticket like I did last year ... so far, none are available. I missed out as DePaul supposedly had a "black Friday" promotion.

stubhub and vividseats: I've used both these services and they seem to work as expected.
    Pro's: You can pick your seats (not the exact seats for vividseats ... I got the row I wanted, but they, in principle can move you to "better seats").
    Con's: premium set by the seller and then a surcharge imposed by the ticket broker. (These are for away game tickets ... I believe there is a Xavier-connected Cincy based ticket broker that some others like).

Big East Mens' and Women's Tournament: I get these through Xavier.
    Pro's: You'll sit with some other Xavier fans with face value tickets. They spread the fans around so that MSG never looks empty. There are a couple different price points. Buying through Xavier does help Xavier athletics meet Big East ticket selling commitments.
    Con's: Only packages are available, not just the Xavier sessions. Actually, this really isn't a con. I've thoroughly enjoyed the non-Xavier Big East games. I care when Seton Hall plays Creighton. Being part of a classy league includes appreciating the schools in the league.

We'll leave NCAA ticket strategies to some later thread. This January is a bit of an exception, but hope to see some of you @St John's, @Marquette, and @DePaul (actually, it's a great weekend time on Jan 30 ... we can turn it into a home game for Xavier).

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Going through Xavier and requesting away game tickets ... Best is to give a call to the XU ticket office: 513-745-3411 to make the request. Also, check out and attend any alumni-sponsored X on the Road events. Many alumni chapters have facebook pages that you can see if something is going on either for an away game or for a game viewing:
    Pro's: I imagine the program helps support the athletic offices of both universities. Tickets are usually the least expensive option. It's fun to sit with other Xavier fans.
    Con's: The away university (who supplies tickets) is happy to sell upper corner seats or upper row seats.
    Comment: At the Michigan game this year, I ended up buying seats down low for 5x the price of tickets through Xavier (a small extra amount given my drive and hotel costs). I was happy, but the Xavier ticket'ed crowd was great and loud. I would have had a great time with those seats in the rafters.

Buying from the ticket office at the away school.
    Pro's: Most have online systems that allow you to pick your seats at face value from those available.
    Con's: You get email and solicitations throughout the season. You've registered and joined some-other-school's nation.
    Comment: This has been a great way for me to get some great seats nearby (@DePaul and @Marquette). Sometimes the best time to buy is right when single game tickets become available late summer, sometimes it seems random when a season ticket holder turns in their ticket back to the school. I've been waiting to get an @Butler ticket like I did last year ... so far, none are available. I missed out as DePaul supposedly had a "black Friday" promotion.

stubhub and vividseats: I've used both these services and they seem to work as expected.
    Pro's: You can pick your seats (not the exact seats for vividseats ... I got the row I wanted, but they, in principle can move you to "better seats").
    Con's: premium set by the seller and then a surcharge imposed by the ticket broker. (These are for away game tickets ... I believe there is a Xavier-connected Cincy based ticket broker that some others like).

Big East Mens' and Women's Tournament: I get these through Xavier.
    Pro's: You'll sit with some other Xavier fans with face value tickets. They spread the fans around so that MSG never looks empty. There are a couple different price points. Buying through Xavier does help Xavier athletics meet Big East ticket selling commitments.
    Con's: Only packages are available, not just the Xavier sessions. Actually, this really isn't a con. I've thoroughly enjoyed the non-Xavier Big East games. I care when Seton Hall plays Creighton. Being part of a classy league includes appreciating the schools in the league.

We'll leave NCAA ticket strategies to some later thread. This January is a bit of an exception, but hope to see some of you @St John's, @Marquette, and @DePaul (actually, it's a great weekend time on Jan 30 ... we can turn it into a home game for Xavier).
    See you at all 3!

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    According to this article, we can still request away game tickets.

Has anyone ever done this? This is my first time trying to request these but I can't seem to find where to do it via the My Musketeers page. Are the seats decent? Are you mostly near X fans?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.
    If you want to sit with the X fans, then it's best to get them from the school. Beware, some schools can be challenging to get tickets for otherwise (See Butler this year).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook