Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Butler 2015 uncle buck

This year is no different. I plan to keep my singular annual Xavier Hoops thread concise and directed precisely at those whom are responsible for it.

I detest what was done to me on December 19, 2009. I saw the wretched jump-ball call, I saw Crawford get pushed, and I saw Hayward lay it in. Contrary to many others inside Hinkle when this abortion of a game took place: I saw the clock stop. I saw it stop and my soul immediately followed suit. The passion and affection that I showed for the game was gutted right before my eyes. Even before Hayward distorted the value of the game I held so dear I knew what was coming next. No amount of explanation, discussion, or backing into the math behind it with a stopwatch will be able to clarify how despicable that game was. I will forever stand by the inexorable truth: The Butler vs. Xavier game on December 19, 2009 was the single most revolting and morally offensive thing that has even happened to the sport of basketball.

I hate Butler University and everything for which their university stands through tears and laughter and all times hereafter.

-Uncle Buck
    "What exactly is a Jesuit?"

I sure wish you would quit pussyfooting around and tell us how you really feel.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Who won?

And I thought MOR hated UC. This Butler hatred is hatred with a passion of a thousand fiery suns.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    And I thought MOR hated UC. This Butler hatred is hatred with a passion of a thousand fiery suns.
    We have to be versatile!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    We have to be versatile!
    Can I call dibs on extreme hatred for DePaul?

Good thing we have message boards for sore losers like this.

(I hated that game too, but why live in the past.)

Banned
    While funny as hell if have to say the malice in the palace was way more offensive and Anthony Myles phantom foul on Sheldon Williams is a close second

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    We have to be versatile!
    In this volatile market it is just a wise decision to diversify your hate.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

On to more important matters... The Uncle Buck reference combined with my general curiosity and gluttony for punishment forced me to look something up...

Did you know that of this year's Muskie hoops squad, only Jalen Reynolds, Myles Davis, Remy Abell and James Farr were alive when John Candy died in 1994?

You're welcome