Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James Farr

While I enjoyed his 3 pointers going in against UC and the Ginger Midget in previous games, that aspect of his game is no longer needed.

Freshman
    Jason Love and Larry Sykes were similar to Big Game James.You wondered if they would ever amount to anything when the were freshman and then turned into key players on really good teams.I think he'll be playing professionally somewhere next year.

I've got to give Mack credit for doing what coaches are hired to do. Put their players in the best position to succeed. If you notice, Farr is getting a lot of his shots in front or to the left of the basket. That's perfect for a lefty. Anybody besides me see Farr getting a shot to play summer league ball in the NBA?

I'm a little surprised we've seen such huge improvement under Mack's guidance from Farr, Stainbrook, Reynolds, and lately O'Mara and a few others without Kelsey being the big man coach.

(Sarcasm font- and I'm not knocking Kelsey).

Reminds me of when Duncan would come off the bench his senior year.

James Farr

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I'm a little surprised we've seen such huge improvement under Mack's guidance from Farr, Stainbrook, Reynolds, and lately O'Mara and a few others without Kelsey being the big man coach.

(Sarcasm font- and I'm not knocking Kelsey).
    Could you imagine what Kelsey could do with this team?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Could you imagine what Kelsey could do with this team?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    At least 9-2.
    Last edited by XU 87; 12-22-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Let's give Mike Pegues a little credit. He's been coaching the bigs for 3 years.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Definitely deserves all the credit in the world. I remember reading up on him and watching his highlight videos coming to X. Remember, he came in with Jalen, but Jalen had to sit out. A lot of James' highlights in high school were shooting jumpers especially from the elbow. So I expected a stretch 4 when he got here. I think he wasn't sure of what his identity was for those first 2 years and was kind of stuck in the middle.

He did have a solid shootout but the rest of the season he never had confidence from not playing which I think caused him to brick a lot of his shots. He could have quit and transferred at that point but instead he got back in the weight room and concentrated on playing on the block and developing. Huge props to him and the coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Let's give Mike Pegues a little credit. He's been coaching the bigs for 3 years.
    We are giving him credit. The Kelsey thing is a joke (People who used to post "Our big men haven't been any good since Kelsey left" and "Mack can't coach big men". ).