Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Sometime during the post game TV show, Mack made the point that they didn't recruit Ed to be the type of point guard that just "manages" a game, but they recruited him to be the type of PG that "makes plays". I think this is kinda what they wanted....lol

And....."the best is yet to come"....in honor of old blue eyes on his 100th birthday
    "Wham Bam Thank You Maam".....in honor of the Nuge on his 67th.
    No, I be concubining.

"No, I be concubining"

I remember reading that when the dude said it to the Judge. One of the funniest lines I've ever read in the paper!

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    The Banners on the Parkway writeup is downright poetic. I suggest going over there and reading it.

http://www.bannersontheparkway.com/2...avier-65-55-uc
    Absolutely- especially this part:

"And it was here where the differing directions of the programs became evident. Coach Mack called a timeout, calmed his team, and sent them back out. Buckets from Edmond Sumner (11/2/5) and Abell pushed the lead back to nine. UC made another little run and Myles answered with five straight of his own. Aside from just the players reacting with no panic, it was the coaching that stood out. While Cronin screamed, sweated, flapped his arms, and whined, Coach Mack adjusted to the 1-3-1. With the Bearcats apparently unable to watch or interpret game tape, their offense flew back out of sync. The lead dropped to five, and there it hung, waiting for the game's defining moment."
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

BE gets better and better.
    Syracuse shockingly loses to St. John's.

BE conference is ranked #1 in the country with 2 weeks of non conference to play solidifying every play in conference to be a win (win or lose) in conference. Maybe 5-6 bids with most in top 4-6 seed. Hoping X gets a 2-3 seed. I know..Slow down..getting ahead of self but even at 9-9, X looks like a solid NCAA team.
    Scariest test next is AT WF. They will be so HYPED to beat a top 10 ranked team.

that's a dunk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    How did Mack get Sumner? Just an amazing recruiting job by the staff! I doubt he comes here if we are in the A-10! Game changer as a freshman, wow!!
    I think he verballed when we were still in the A10. Spring of 13
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    BE gets better and better.
    Syracuse shockingly loses to St. John's.

BE conference is ranked #1 in the country with 2 weeks of non conference to play solidifying every play in conference to be a win (win or lose) in conference. Maybe 5-6 bids with most in top 4-6 seed. Hoping X gets a 2-3 seed. I know..Slow down..getting ahead of self but even at 9-9, X looks like a solid NCAA team.
    Scariest test next is AT WF. They will be so HYPED to beat a top 10 ranked team.
    Syracuse is not very good. Boeheims absence is a sign of things to come for them I think.

The slam the Ed had versus Miami in his first ever X game was equally as impressive as last night's. No nearly as high-profile or consequential, but very, very impressive nonetheless.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    I think he verballed when we were still in the A10. Spring of 13
    That's really impressive - I think he is the extra piece that makes us so dangerous!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    I knew Xavier had made it to the big time when they got a 6'6" point guard.
    Semi off topic but I did love when Dante was the pg. Just because the defense was so long and lengthy with a 6'5" PG.