Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    No matter the outcome of the game all i will hear from UC fans is how many national championships has Xavier Won? Or We are still leading the series
    "We went out there and zipped 'em up at the end of the game. That's our motto zip 'em up."

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Musketeers View Post
    No matter the outcome of the game all i will hear from UC fans is how many national championships has Xavier Won? Or We are still leading the series
    That's exactly where we want them. Living in the past.

There is exactly ZERO smack talk going on around my neck of the woods. I don't think their fans even care anymore, heck I don't even really know anyone who follows UC basketball closely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Musketeers View Post
    I love this one. 1962 was a LONG time ago. It's the equivalent of MOR reminding us he was once a handsome, athletic young man.

Don't understand their pride in that regard. National Championships are great but you know who won it the year after? Loyola Chicago. Needless to say, it was an era filled with powerhouses. Not to mention the NCAA and NIT were wrestling for the more prestigious championship. Seems a bit watered down to me.

No UC fans in NW Ohio. However, there are a number of dayton ones. It's been fun.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

All-Conference
    There is definitely significantly less interest in their program, both locally and nationally. They just aren't feared anymore, and that has a lot to do with Cronin not being a very recognizable coach. Part of his toughness mantra just doesn't translate when you're 5'7" and look like a leprechaun. He wants it to so bad though...it's like a chihuahua barking at you.

I said this years ago. The worst thing that happened to UC was the 2-3 year run under Brian Kelly. It was fool's gold. They came to expect that was going to be their reality, and their fans completely abandoned their basketball program (plus the love affair with Huggins happened right before that). Now, both are stuck in purgatory, with no real chance to elevate their profile as they can't afford top tier programs in both sports until they get into a major conference (and even if that happens, they still have an uphill battle).
    Last edited by drudy23; 12-07-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Most of my die hard sUCks friends think Xavier is gonna win. I see it as a tactic.
    I hate this game every year. They will be jacked after that Butler loss. It will probably come down to the last possession and take years off my life. If X wins at least I might gain some back from laughter and happiness after the game.
    Frightened level = 10/10

They will not be getting invited into any major conference. When they decided to renovate Nippert this year everyone thought it was possibly the major conference powers that be telling them they need more capacity/ticket revenue to be considered for a major conference bid. Yet they go on to upgrade the luxury boxes and add minimal seating. Why? That decision seems nonsensical given that most money these days comes from football ala ticket sales. Laughably, it seems like they are digging themselves into a hole or they are just one senseless bunch down in Clifton.

All-Conference
    It's the Shootout...the game is great because it's super competitive. Desire and pride can go a long way, that's why inferior teams can pull this game out with heart and passion. It speaks to the true nature of competitiveness and toughness in basketball. That's also which makes it that much sweeter when you beat them, because you know it hurts them even more in that context.