Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    Love the new-look Bluiett. I don't have a problem with him shooting threes. Keep shooting, keep driving. He should be our leading scorer (by far) this season.
    He is great, and may be our leading scorer, but I don't think ''by far''. This team may have our most balanced scoring ever and that will be a huge plus. If someone is injured or has a bad night, there will be 6 or 7 guys to pick them up.

Wear blue at games!
    Birdman'71'76

This team has 7 guys who are a legit threat to score 15+ on ANY given night. I know most (none?) will average that much, BUT opposing coaches have to worry about 7 realistic scorers every night.....and that doesn't include Austin who probably will have one 15+ scoring game this year (at least several double digit nights). Bluiett is likely the most consistent of that group and he is definitely a baller!

On a side note, was at a bar with some friends watching the Mich game and someone asked me to name my favorite PG from X. I'm a big Lavender fan....and, of course, Tu is the best since I started school in '87 BUT I mentioned Kimbrough as one of my favs. I went back and looked at the '87-'88 stats. INSANE! We had 5 guys average double figures and ONE of them scored 25+ a night (Larkin). TWO others were at 15+ a game (Hill and Kimbrough). Derek Strong and JD Barnett had 10 a piece. That is 75 points a night from FIVE guys. ridiculous.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

This is definitely our most balanced team since the 07-08 team(my favorite of all time) where we had 6 guys average between 9.5 and 12.5 ppg along with Love averaging 6 and 6. Those 7 could come up big every night. The crazy thing is this year's team could be that and even more. Very excited to see how the season plays out in terms of balanced scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    This is definitely our most balanced team since the 07-08 team(my favorite of all time) where we had 6 guys average between 9.5 and 12.5 ppg along with Love averaging 6 and 6. Those 7 could come up big every night. The crazy thing is this year's team could be that and even more. Very excited to see how the season plays out in terms of balanced scoring.
    I may be delirious, but that team seemed to have a lot of 9-14 point guys, where this team has a bunch of guys who could go for 25 on any given night. It just feels different.

Sophomore
    [QUOTE=Muskeagle;519698]This team has 7 guys who are a legit threat to score 15+ on ANY given night. I know most (none?) will average that much, BUT opposing coaches have to worry about 7 realistic scorers every night.....and that doesn't include Austin who probably will have one 15+ scoring game this year (at least several double digit nights). Bluiett is likely the most consistent of that group and he is definitely a baller!

I get what you're saying. But I don't think Farr will ever be a scoring threat. He's hit 15 twice in his career and that's a career high.

He's at his absolute best when he is not looking for his shot and is a rebounding machine. He seems to be buying into that role nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I may be delirious, but that team seemed to have a lot of 9-14 point guys, where this team has a bunch of guys who could go for 25 on any given night. It just feels different.
    It is. I'm just saying we probably have a lot of 9-14 ppg guys this year again but each of them with much higher upsides. That 07-08 team had guys who would get there points every game, whereas this team we may have one guy take over one night, and someone else another night. I think when it's all said and done we'll have very balanced stats though.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    It is. I'm just saying we probably have a lot of 9-14 ppg guys this year again but each of them with much higher upsides. That 07-08 team had guys who would get there points every game, whereas this team we may have one guy take over one night, and someone else another night. I think when it's all said and done we'll have very balanced stats though.
    Gotta love all that upside!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Can I just say I love this title? I'm not sure if it was intentional or not that it say "is MAN" instead of "is the MAN" but I hope it was, I love it the way it is.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I know it is early but we currently have 4 guys in double figures and 7 at 8ppg or more.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Can I just say I love this title? I'm not sure if it was intentional or not that it say "is MAN" instead of "is the MAN" but I hope it was, I love it the way it is.
    Trevon is Man. Trevon tough. Trevon Score. Trevon Rebound. Trevon play 36. Me like Trevon.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.