Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I must be missing something here. A poopy swastika would be anti- semitic. What are the racial charges?
    Actually, I'm not sure who should be offended by a poopy swastika. I'm mean, I'm all for Nazis covered in fecal matter but on the other hand I feel those who practice Hinduism and Buddhism have a real beef here.

WE ARE UNITED IN CONFUSION would be a better slogan for the team.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 11-09-2015 at 12:23 AM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

I must be missing something here. A poopy swastika would be anti- semitic. What are the racial charges?
    You need to seriously question your admissions standards if people are writing poop swastikas in your dorms. That's poor behavior by prison standards!
    Eat Donuts!

the Nazi folks were not a one group offender. if you weren't blond blue eyed aryan,,,
    http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article....uleId=10005479

And of course your current Nazi people are probably more idiotic about brown/black skin than they are about folks of the jewish faith,

Missouri Football Players Refusing to Play

Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    the Nazi folks were not a one group offender. if you weren't blond blue eyed aryan,,,
    http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article....uleId=10005479

And of course your current Nazi people are probably more idiotic about brown/black skin than they are about folks of the jewish faith,
    See Edward Norton, American History X.

Kind of funny that they play lily white BYU this weekend. I was thinking about heading up to the game with some of my co-workers. I wanted the TV cameras to catch me in a BYU sweatshirt drinking a beer.

Apparently Mizzou's president has resigned.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Apparently Mizzou's president has resigned.
    Yep players win, good for them.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/09/univers...cism-protests/
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

Completely disagree..i think this is a freaking joke. Ok well now the racism that exists on campus is taken care of because the president was forced to resign. This is typical America in this day in age...just take the easy way out and fire someone instead of dealing with the actual issue that is at hand. I think its ridiculous that a president had to resign because of a few stupid racist college students' actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Completely disagree..i think this is a freaking joke. Ok well now the racism that exists on campus is taken care of because the president was forced to resign. This is typical America in this day in age...just take the easy way out and fire someone instead of dealing with the actual issue that is at hand. I think its ridiculous that a president had to resign because of a few stupid racist college students' actions.
    I really don't know what's going on. Do you??

The coach and AD ultimately work for the president, and it is VERY odd regardless of what the situation is that they would openly defy the president and side with the players. When I say it's odd, I mean that I cannot think of another example where that happened.

I don't know what the exact series of events were that led to this, but the reaction was pretty extreme, and it wasn't just the students. Was it really just "a few stupid racist college students??" If it was, then I agree with you. But I also can't help but think that it was a lot more than that to not only trigger this kind of reaction from the students, but that kind of support from high level university employees.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    The race issue was just the tip of the iceberg. The calls to have have Wolfe removed had been growing louder over the past few months due to several moves that upset the faculty and student body. This includes terminating the graduate assistants health care 1 day before the start of semester without prior notice and throwing Mizzou into the middle of the planned parenthood debate by terminating the nursing and medical schools ties with the local planned parenthood on little to no notice. I think without the amalgamation of these issues, you wouldn't have seen this blow up as it did.

It is events like this that makes me hate twitter and facebook. Apparently there are now only 2 options on every issue and everyone must pick a side. The amount of crazy being spewed on those sites and newspaper comments sections by both sides is just disheartening (and occasionally comical).
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack