Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The bigger issue at this point is continued winning. I think for NCAA tourney purposes a win at Butler would help immensely. One win in the BE tournament would then lock it up in my opinion.

Bad loss last night at Butler, but they drew DePaul at home in the tournament. I think their hopes of a first round NCAA bye is out the window.

It was a rainy night at the match last night. X came frustratingly close in the first half several times. Butler put 2 goals in the net in the last 25 minutes. It was a close game before that.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    It was a rainy night at the match last night. X came frustratingly close in the first half several times. Butler put 2 goals in the net in the last 25 minutes. It was a close game before that.
    Buck Futler!!!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Supporting Member
    What does Xavier have to do to even get in the tournament at this point? I mean are we win if we lost to Depaul? I think we would be cutting it pretty damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    What does Xavier have to do to even get in the tournament at this point? I mean are we win if we lost to Depaul? I think we would be cutting it pretty damn close.
    It would be close, but I think the quality wins would over take the quality losses, let's just hope they get some momentum, beat DePaul, beat Georgetown somehow, and either Butler/Creighton and get a first round bye. Optimism guys!!!

Well, I think the DePaul win puts them solid in the field. I think they have to win out to get a top 16 bye and that would be close. I think there are something like 16 first round byes right?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    It would be close, but I think the quality wins would over take the quality losses, let's just hope they get some momentum, beat DePaul, beat Georgetown somehow, and either Butler/Creighton and get a first round bye. Optimism guys!!!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    RPI as of this morning is 45. That's very borderline to get in the tournament.

Beating Notre Dame and Creighton are definitely positives (as is the team's 6-2-1 record away from home), but some of the losses (Providence #61, Virginia Tech #105 and at #176 Lipscomb) will hurt. Lipscomb is in the bottom 50 of the RPI, since there are only 206 programs with men's soccer.

I'd feel a lot better about their chances if they can win at Georgetown on Thursday in the Big East semis.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Well, I think the DePaul win puts them solid in the field. I think they have to win out to get a top 16 bye and that would be close. I think there are something like 16 first round byes right?
    Yup, top 16 seeds get a bye. I think we beat Georgetown, and we would get another home game in the NCAA tournament.