Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    WOW!!! My initial thoughts are that this is very surprising, very ill advised for the player, and very damaging for Utah State. They have gone from looking like a tournament team to maybe being an NIT team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-seek-transfer
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    WOW!!! My initial thoughts are that this is very surprising, very ill advised for the player, and very damaging for Utah State. They have gone from looking like a tournament team to maybe being an NIT team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-seek-transfer
    Seeing that he'll now start next season as a 23.5 year old sophomore putting him on track to finish his college career when he's 26 this seems a bit silly unless there are some very strong factors involved.

I know some who finish their college career at 50 and that doesn't seem silly. He shouldn't care if he's 26 if someone is paying for his college IMO. Too much is placed on age IMO.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I know some who finish their college career at 50 and that doesn't seem silly. He shouldn't care if he's 26 if someone is paying for his college IMO. Too much is placed on age IMO.
    Normally I'd agree, but he sounds like he's good enough that he'll at least be able to make money overseas if not the NBA. He's already on the older side, so another year wasted when he probably only has 10-15 years of basketball left to earn a paycheck seems silly. When guys enter the draft at 19-22 and you're the 25-26 year old, you're not going to look attractive to teams.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but he sounds like he's good enough that he'll at least be able to make money overseas if not the NBA. He's already on the older side, so another year wasted when he probably only has 10-15 years of basketball left to earn a paycheck seems silly. When guys enter the draft at 19-22 and you're the 25-26 year old, you're not going to look attractive to teams.
    Assuming he wants to play oversees. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a shit move and he should have his first semester scholly taken away. He left his team and teammates in a bad position. But the age thing, to me anyway is not an issue.
    Balls of Steele!!

Your div1 clock runs out once you're 25 unless you've served in the military or something like that. He MAY get an exception since he participated in an LDS Mission, but I don't know exactly how that works. Had he been able to play four seasons before turning 25, then he may be SOL.

But, still, transferring mid year means that you're not eligible to play at your new school until the Spring of the following season. In other words, he'll miss all of 2015-2016, and half of 2016-2017. He's a good player on a good team. Or...he WAS. This is....strange. The timing is strange. Their first game is tomorrow.

HAVOC apparently doesn't play well in Texas. 0-1. Time will tell.

UCLA loses. All the Ben Howland Howlers can now turn their ire on to Steve Alford.

Wiscy and NC State also lose their "guarantee games" and Marquette screws it up.

Pretty interesting first night of games.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Belmont is better than your garden variety buy game, although that's still a game that Marquette ought to be able to win. Not as surprising as Western Illinois going into Wisconsin and getting a W.

William & Mary is really good too. I think the Colonial is pretty strong this year. I realize most disagree with me, but Northeastern, James Madison and William & Mary are all three really good. I don't think it's a one bid league this year.

Okay, if Radford beats Georgetown THAT would be shocking!! Just for context, Belmont and Bill & Mary are at-large caliber teams, so those upsets aren't that surprising. It's just that people aren't familiar with them. Radford is a crappy team by Big South standards. Well, that's what most thought anyway.