Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    A couple of things regarding this dumpster fire...

First, as I mentioned earlier, we should probably be thankful that the ultimate hammer wasn't dropped on UL thus costing Slick Rick his job. We all know what that would have meant in terms of another week or so of tense buttholes on Victory Pkwy wondering if Mack was leaving again. The fact Pitino escaped the noose once again and UofL is facing four years of limited scholarships should bode well in terms of that job not being available or very desirable for at least a couple of more years.

Secondly, I just realized today that our AD Greg Christopher was actually on this particular committee of NCAA Rules Infractions and this committee held court in Cincinnati for the duration of the investigation and ruling.

Lastly, for all of those cracking the jokes about Rick and his "15 seconds of shame" at the Italian joint down in Louisville; Do yourselves a favor and listen to the Barstool Sport's podcast Pardon My Take from a couple of months ago featuring Matt Jones. For those of you who don't know, Matt Jones is a Louisville based attorney who is also the curator and host of Kentucky Sports Radio. He actually sat in on the Pitino extortion case and was privy to some salacious testimony that wasn't necessarily public knowledge. He sings like a bird on this podcast and you will absolutely lose your mind when you hear some of this stuff. I don't have the fortitude to find a link to that podcast right now, maybe I will in the morning. It's not difficult to find though. It's totally worth it. Let's just say Rick admits to the whole 15 second deal and also "dribbling down his own leg"... and I don't mean the basketball.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Matt Jones is a horrible human being, so no thanks.

Jay Bilas thinks this punishment was unfair. And....... He's still a pompous ass.

Rick Pitino is a joke and I have no respect whatsoever for Louisville.

Guy is an adulterer and then allows this to happen on his watch. Has zero moral integrity.

All Louisville cares about is winning.

Add in the Pitrino situation.

What a joke they are.

Louisville is appealing. The basis of their appeal seems to be that they don't like the sanctions.

WELL!

Sounds solid!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Rick Pitino is a joke and I have no respect whatsoever for Louisville.

Guy is an adulterer and then allows this to happen on his watch. Has zero moral integrity.

All Louisville cares about is winning.

Add in the Pitrino situation.

What a joke they are.
    Adultery is the LEAST of Louisville/Pitino's problems here.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I should also add that if this were North Carolina, they might claim something to the effect that only the local authorities (and NOT the NCAA) have the authority to punish the university over a prostitution ring.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Matt Jones is a horrible human being, so no thanks.
    I completely agree. I am diametrically opposed to his politics and his general disposition towards life/sports in general but... his first-hand account of Pitino's testimony is worth its weight in gold. Just listen and thank me later.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicag...ot-mark-cuban/
    Last edited by ReturnOfTheMack; 06-16-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

The banner is coming down. Long story short, after looking at the report and seeing why the players were ruled ineligible and that it was more than just a failure to monitor issue, they were ruled ineligible because the University ruled them ineligible and sent the NCAA a chart of the games that the ineligible players played in.

That's it. There is no grounds for appeal once you do that. None. A lot of the NCAA is gray, but when it comes to eligibility it is actually rather black and white. The punishment for using ineligible players is always the same, and since it was Louisville who ruled them ineligible, then they essentially cannot retract it and claim to be not guilty after they have already pleaded guilty. They can appeal, but they will lose.
    Last edited by xubrew; 06-19-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Apparently you are still eligible if you are taking fake classes though.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.