Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Here's his crystal ball for those into that kind of thing:

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions
    From that, it looks like we don't stand a chance. Has anyone heard which way the kid is leaning at all?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    From that, it looks like we don't stand a chance. Has anyone heard which way the kid is leaning at all?
    I'm not sure i'd put too much stock in that. It'd obviously be preferable to see a bunch of Xavier picks, but all but one pick happened today which leads me to believe guys might be throwing stuff at the wall.

I didn't see his visit to us reported anywhere publicly last week so some of those guys may not even know we got the last visit.

In semi-related news Taurean Thompson's crystal ball is at 91% Syracuse (10 of 11 picks) after his official this past weekend.

They hope they get it wrong with at least one of these two.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I'm not sure i'd put too much stock in that. It'd obviously be preferable to see a bunch of Xavier picks, but all but one pick happened today which leads me to believe guys might be throwing stuff at the wall.

I didn't see his visit to us reported anywhere publicly last week so some of those guys may not even know we got the last visit.

In semi-related news Taurean Thompson's crystal ball is at 91% Syracuse (10 of 11 picks) after his official this past weekend.

They hope they get it wrong with at least one of these two.
    Syracuse has enough issues these days that recruits might not want to get into that can of worms. Plus slimeball coach Boeheim's days are numbered, I'm thinking.
    Last edited by X-man; 09-28-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Syracuse has enough issues these days that recruits might want to get into that can of worms. Plus slimeball coach Boeheim's days are numbered, I'm thinking.
    They signed the #14 class in the country last year right in the middle of that investigation and this year they have a top 10 class so far.

Some programs couldn't withstand the negative press that would come with an investigation like that. Syracuse just isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Syracuse has enough issues these days that recruits might want to get into that can of worms. Plus slimeball coach Boeheim's days are numbered, I'm thinking.
    Boeheim's days are, indeed, numbered. He already announced his retirement -- which will occur in 3 years. They've also announced his replacement: longtime assistant, Mike Hopkins. Hopkins is essentially the COO of the program; he's an integral part of the recruitment process. Boeheim's departure and Hopkins taking over won't even be a blip for most recruits. Hell, many probably prefer Hopkins...

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Mike Hopkins will also have a dress rehearsal as head coach for 9 ACC games; that's the length of Jim Boeheim's suspension.

Sophomore
    Looks like all the late money is coming in on Kansas State. We'll find out here in about an hour.

Sneed's family is playing this incredibly close to their chests, leading to what should be an exciting announcement, one way or another, simply because it's so unpredictable.

Looks like all the late money is coming Out of Kansas State. We'll find out here in about an hour.
    Ftfu
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Before he visited, he announced he was announcing Monday. My guess is that he was already 99% but wanted to take an X visit anyways. Will be surprised if X marks the spot.