Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, more or less; well, more.

But we're contemplating PRIVATE DEVELOPMENT here, but with the minimalist twist that students help with the renovation. It's a matter of positioning with the University:

"We're not asking for you to dive in directly, but come join some alumni who want to pursue a historical renovation of a great place that can be used by off campus students and alumni."

This would be unique as hell if it could be pulled off.
    X A V I E R

Once ya'll finish this project up, Emp and I will be back to trash the place in a 50th anniversary celebration.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Once ya'll finish this project up, Emp and I will be back to trash the place in a 50th anniversary celebration.
    Ha! Thanks for the assist. You loadstain.
    X A V I E R

One of you young computer savvy types needs to crowdfund this mother and turn Snipe lose on it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    One of you young computer savvy types needs to crowdfund this mother and turn Snipe lose on it.
    I'd look to someone besides Snipe unless you want this house to be Section 8.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Marion Hall - home sweet home after serving a term in Brockman. Best was senior year when we had the room with the sun porch attached. We did our best as honors students to throw some very good parties. Historically, it was the football players house.

On a couple of occasions over the years, the owners have let Marion alumni come back and go through the house. They've made some impressive in-roads, but as might be expected ... there is lots of work still to be done. But you have beautiful woodwork ... glorious staircase and lots of charm. Not sure what a normal family would do with a huge 3rd floor ... but that comes with the house too.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I'd look to someone besides Snipe unless you want this house to be Section 8.
    Dash will be in and out of town on a regular basis with a punch list to keep it all straight.

Or else MOR gets his buddies together to pony up the dough and re-name it the LHS House.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Actually, Snipe renovates OPINIONS.
    It could be the new home of "Black Jews for Ike".
    2023 Sweet 16

X let the house go in 91. It was purchased by Larry Southwick, who did extensively renovate and restore it, taking out the hard floor room cut ups, restoring the ballroom. Took out the firewalls on the second floor so the suites have a fire of the great bannister and staircase.

Larry was generous in opening the house for tours and Marion reunions. He passed in January, so the house is up for sale. It's a big piece of property, we used to be able to park 50-60 cars on the lawn for football crowds going to the old GCL triple headers and the occasional Muskie sell outs. A paved lot for maybe 20 cars. Would be a nice condo conversion if the zoning is permitted.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.