Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I feel pretty confident the starting 3-5 will be:
    Trevon
    Farr
    Jalen

I also feel confident Myles will start. If he starts at the 2 I think LA will be the starting 1 unless Sumner is playing well enough and smart enough to play PG day 1. If Myles starts out at the 1 then I think Remy will start at the 2, with LA and Sumner coming in a PG then Myles moving to two or getting rest. If Myles does start at the 1 I dont expect that to be a season long thing.

Our bench contributors depending on who starts at the 1/2 between Remy, LA, or Sumner will be:

Remy
    LA
    Sumner
    JP
    O'mara
    Then probably one of London and Gates getting minutes.

Just my uneducated guess.

I think we go a strong 9 deep and a 10th can/will contribute.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I'm sorry, I can't see how a back court of Myles and Remy helps us win the Big East. I feel Myles is better off the ball. Mostly I believe our season goes with how well Jalen has progressed. Both physically and emotionally.

Looking forward to what Sumner and London can bring to the table.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

My understanding is that, at least to start the season, the starting 5 almost certainly will be Myles Davis (1), Remy Abel (2), Trevon Blueitt (3), Jalen Reynolds (4), and James Farr (5).

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    My understanding is that, at least to start the season, the starting 5 almost certainly will be Myles Davis (1), Remy Abel (2), Trevon Blueitt (3), Jalen Reynolds (4), and James Farr (5).
    To me that's just putting the best five guys on the court to start the game.

I'm also not real big on that Davis and Abel combo, with Davis at point. I could see that combo for a few minutes per game, but not as a starting lineup, which I assume would see substantial minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I'm also not real big on that Davis and Abel combo, with Davis at point. I could see that combo for a few minutes per game, but not as a starting lineup, which I assume would see substantial minutes.
    I agree. IMO, if Davis is at PG, then JP is at SG, with Remy at SF. Remember, JP got a few starts last year. If he can bring what he's shown in practice to the games, WATCH OUT!

What's really awesome in this discussion are the endless lineup possibilities. SO pumped for the season!

Andy Macwilliams, who has seen workouts, is convinced that Larry Austin, Jr. will start at point guard. he says that he's gotten bigger, stronger and that his instincts are the best at this point.

Time will tell.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by X-Fan View Post
    I agree. IMO, if Davis is at PG, then JP is at SG, with Remy at SF. Remember, JP got a few starts last year. If he can bring what he's shown in practice to the games, WATCH OUT!

What's really awesome in this discussion are the endless lineup possibilities. SO pumped for the season!
    I am just excited we are actually talking about basketball. Bring on Musketeer Madness!!!!!!!!
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Fan View Post

Trevon has to be in the starting lineup. He is our best player.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Trevon has to be in the starting lineup. He is our best player.
    Yes he does. I dont see a scenario in which JP starts. He seems like the perfect player to bring off the bench.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17