Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Our ranking is a tad low but there were just a few teams I would have moved behind us that were higher. We lost Stain who frequently owned the half court set and a senior PG who just didn't turn the ball over much. Those are two huge losses that have to be replaced.

This year would have been a great year for a preseason trip and not last year. One that would have allowed our new PGs to really play in real game formats.
    The bolded part is a gross understatement of what Dee offered, bit otherwise I agree with that paragraph.

Concerning the second paragraph, I strongly disagree. This team has point guard questions, but almost every team has questions in one place or another, so almost every year would theoretically be a great year for a preseason trip. Last year's team was young, though, 217th in experience per Kenpom, and included a freshman as the second leading scorer. That team needed the preseason trip to mesh much more than the coming year's team, which will be a bit above average in experience.
    Last edited by XUFan09; 10-14-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Preseason? When was the last time we were ranked during the season? A week after "the fight"?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Fan View Post
    Strange. X sure seems to wind up in the top 25 at the end of seasons. Soon enough everybody will know.
    What's strange is how nobody see the ridiculousness of this narrative.

Soon enough everybody will know? We've been to 15 straight Sweet Sixteens and yet, year after year, nothing in the preseason rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Preseason rankings mean nothing, I hate them because they are usually way off. Its just something to create discussion before the season starts, which is fine since that's about all that's going on in college basketball right now ha.
    The preseason rankings do mean something. You stated it, it gets people talking. No one actually watches college basketball, so it would be at least nice to see Xavier build upon on March success the following year and be a part of the conversation.

I'm not kidding, we will stare down another 5th or 6th place finish in the BE. Sneak into the Dance and win a couple of games and everyone here will be satisfied.

Hey could be worse right?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by xunorm View Post
    That just got me pumped up.
    Zip'em Up!

Freshman
    Bit OT, but doesn't warrant its own thread,
    Has anyone received their season tickets yet? Or should I be calling the ticket office?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by spursy View Post
    Bit OT, but doesn't warrant its own thread,
    Has anyone received their season tickets yet? Or should I be calling the ticket office?

Talked to them Monday. Tickets are at the printer and should be mailed the end of this week, but it takes more than a day to mail them.

Freshman

Xavier basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Talked to them Monday. Tickets are at the printer and should be mailed the end of this week, but it takes more than a day to mail them.
    Good deal. Thank you.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Exactly.

What's strange is how nobody see the ridiculousness of this narrative.

Soon enough everybody will know? We've been to 15 straight Sweet Sixteens and yet, year after year, nothing in the preseason rankings.

The preseason rankings do mean something. You stated it, it gets people talking. No one actually watches college basketball, so it would be at least nice to see Xavier build upon on March success the following year and be a part of the conversation.

I'm not kidding, we will stare down another 5th or 6th place finish in the BE. Sneak into the Dance and win a couple of games and everyone here will be satisfied.

Hey could be worse right?
    All I meant was that rankings mean nothing basketball-wise. It means something media wise. But, yes, Xavier will probably be underrated the entire year, maybe lose a couple bad games, then show up big in March. That's just how it works.

Dickie V has us at #39. I predict good things. I think the last time we were there it was an Elite 8 year.

Also, I'd like to see Edmond Sumner flat tear this league apart.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Dickie V has us at #39. I predict good things. I think the last time we were there it was an Elite 8 year.

Also, I'd like to see Edmond Sumner flat tear this league apart.
    That is my gut feeling exactly.

Overall, with all due respect and appreciation to Matt Stainbrook, this version of Xavier might look like a Lamborghini instead of an Escalade.
    X A V I E R