Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

NFL Thread

Thought I's make a general NFL thread given tomorrow is when most teams start their season. Greatest day of the year! Anyone placeing any wagers on tomorrow's games?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

My lock of the week is the Jets -3.5.

For the most part I stay away from wagering on NFL games. They are so heavily scouted that it is hard to find an unbalanced line. Exhibit A was the Thursday night game that was a seven point spread. Pittsburgh scored with two seconds to go to make it a seven point game.

When I do put down bets, I like to make a small wager on a underdog parlay on the money line.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Denver favored over Ravens by 4.5. Don't see it with their new "run first' offense. Ravens were 2nd against the run last yr. and Denver doesn't have the RB's or line to pull it off. Peyton will have to win it by chucking up the ball in the 4th qtr. as usual.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by BENWAR View Post
    My lock of the week is the Jets -3.5.
    I almost took the Jets as my survivor pick this week but just couldnt pull the trigger week 1. Saying: "I'm out in week 1 in survivor because I took the Jets" just wouldnt sit well with me. I have been burned trying to get cute in week 1 before when I took the Lions the year they won ZERO games. Ugh.

I broke a couple rules taking my pick (a division team on the road) but there is no way the Packers lose to the Bears.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    For the most part I stay away from wagering on NFL games. They are so heavily scouted that it is hard to find an unbalanced line. Exhibit A was the Thursday night game that was a seven point spread. Pittsburgh scored with two seconds to go to make it a seven point game.

When I do put down bets, I like to make a small wager on a underdog parlay on the money line.
    Yeah NFL is so tough, I dont usually bet on individual games. I am, however, in a weekly confidence pool. Everyone picks 10 games against the spread and ranks 10 to 1. Top 3 weekly win money. Top 3 yearly win smaller prizes. Been in it about 10 years and I was terrible last year, need a bounce back. I got Pitt at #7 but barely. Our line was 7.5 on that game so I covered with the TD

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Denver favored over Ravens by 4.5. Don't see it with their new "run first' offense. Ravens were 2nd against the run last yr. and Denver doesn't have the RB's or line to pull it off. Peyton will have to win it by chucking up the ball in the 4th qtr. as usual.
    I agree Bobbie, hopefully they air out the offense a bit more and the defense remains as crazy good in the regular season as they were in the pre-season.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Anyone placeing any wagers on tomorrow's games?
    I think it's pretty clear that I like betting as much or more than anyone, and I almost never bet on the NFL. It's impossible to beat. At least with college sports I can fool myself into thinking I have a shot. With the NFL, just flip a coin. You've probably got a better chance.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Go Bills!

Nice win over the Colts. Hope they can reduce Brady to a smudge on the turf when they play the Cheaters next week.