Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2015

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Pfffffft....nothing on European futbol.
    Central America is worse than Europe, and South America is even worse than that. Most first division teams in Europe have managed to price out the hooligans. But, to your point, European soccer crowds are typically pretty nuts compared to football and basketball crowds in the United States.
    Last edited by xubrew; 01-11-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskied View Post
    The real fun will begin when Antonio Brown is ready to go for the Denver game...watch it happen. We all know about concussion protocol, and the fact that it is a minimum of 2 weeks of non activity. If he has the guts to come out and say he's ok...which means he was faking an injury, all hell is going to break lose.
    This is entirely made up.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I stand corrected.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    This is entirely made up.
    It's assumed based on every concussion I've seen a player go through. I've never seen one return in a week. No, it's not fact, I'm just saying the noise if that happens will be loud.

And I fail to understand how even if Brown was milking it or faking it that has anything to do with anything. Burfict still hit him in the head, which is still a penalty, whether Burfict was pulling up or not is irrelevant, as is how bad Brown was hurt.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    And I fail to understand how even if Brown was milking it or faking it that has anything to do with anything. Burfict still hit him in the head, which is still a penalty, whether Burfict was pulling up or not is irrelevant, as is how bad Brown was hurt.
    yeah exactly. It isn't like the refs waited to see if Brown was knocked out, and then decided to throw the flag....they threw the flag because the hit was illegal. Who cares if Brown was acting?

I agree -- if it was a foul (and it absolutely, positively, certainly was...) then the extent of injury is irrelevant. That said, I also understand the other side. I'd be fuming mad if I were a Bengals fan and it came to light that Brown was doing his best Luis Suarez impersonation.

It's assumed based on every concussion I've seen a player go through. I've never seen one return in a week. No, it's not fact, I'm just saying the noise if that happens will be loud.
    There have been players who returned after a week.

He is in the concussion protocol, there would be no reason for him to be unless he sustained a concussion. So what you are telling me is that the Steelers and their medical team, in order to continue a ruse of Brown being hurt when he really wasnt, are now putting him in the concussion protocol? So the whole team is faking to make Brown not look like a faker? It would be completely unnecessary to continue the ruse because it wouldnt change anything.

This from the NFL on concussion protocol:

"A player feeling normal one day after the game might pass cognitive testing Tuesday and begin a light exercise program, intensify their exercise routine Wednesday, participate in non-contact aspects of practice on Thursday and return to full practice Friday. But if a player has a history of concussions or isn't progressing as quickly as planned, the process moves accordingly."

"The thing that I think is important here is you don't manage concussions by a calendar," Dr. Herring said. "Some guys may come back in a week. Some guys may come back in six weeks. These steps don't have an expiration date on them. The player's history of injury and other issues come into play."

Again, not that any of this matters because no matter what, Burfict's hit was a penalty.

Supporting Member
    a funny thing that I have heard several times from some national media is how incredible it was for Raplisburger to come back into the game and what a leader he was. Seriously? its pretty obvious the guy was shot up with enough pain meds to kill a horse...how is that admirable?

Sophomore
    It absolutely was. I shouldn't have said that it would have meant he was faking...because it could have been real. I'm not trying to say there was anything wrong with it whatsoever. I just mean that if he plays this weekend...the back and forth could get nasty. Will be entertaining to say the least. That's all.