Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FS1 - - Year 2

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    If Fox Sports gets the Big 10 primary football package......look out.
    Is that a realistic possibility? When's that deal up?

Is this a possibility?
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Junior
    Isn't the BIG Network actually a FOX property ?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Isn't the BIG Network actually a FOX property ?
    No. It is a joint venture between the B1G and Fox. But that can only help in the same way as if it were a Fox property.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Thanks for the info. 300k is pathetic for any game that's on a free to air network. That being said, as was alluded to above, isn't part of the problem the crappy matchups? Allowing Fox to pick the premier game as soon as six days in advance should help with that. We had games where both teams were in the top 25, and the games were buried on premier tier networks. This way, you get the best game on the flagship network.
    Furthermore, if it was something routine, the schedule-makers could make sure that "marquee" games were spread out across the season's Saturdays. It's really not rocket science.

I'm pretty sure there were more games on Fox National besides those 2. St John's/Duke was for sure on it. And I believe X/St Johns at X was on it along with a couple other conference games.

I always wished X could get on CBS for a big Saturday afternoon game. And I agree they should try and do a GOW. The biggest obstacles IMO are the number of fans of the new conference. The only people that are going to watch Big East games, are fans of those teams. And until the conference does some serious damage in the tournament, I don't see that changing. The other thing is that CBS has an advantage already. They show the Tournament, so when you're watching regular season games on Saturdays, it still gives you that March feel. Unless Gus Johnson is doing the Fox one, I don't get the same feel to it.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    The last time Xavier had a "big" Saturday afternoon game on CBS, they peed down their legs against Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    The last time Xavier had a "big" Saturday afternoon game on CBS, they peed down their legs against Duke.
    That game did not give me a warm feeling, but you're right - I think there was squishing in their shoes. Bad memory there...

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Furthermore, if it was something routine, the schedule-makers could make sure that "marquee" games were spread out across the season's Saturdays. It's really not rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Georgetown played IU last Dec. I think on CBS. That would have done great on Fox or FS1. I wouldn't watch Butler Northwestern and I'm a Big East fan. The key is getting the rights to good pre conference games, putting them on Fox and promoting the hell out of the conference season.
    It's not rocket science, who the hell programs Fox 1, the 3 Stooges ?
    That's one of the reasons it's so frustrating. It really isn't rocket science. There are basic, simple things that can be done that would make a huge difference. FS1 is part of Fox. FOX!!! It's a fairly decent sized company. When you have games between two top 25 teams on a Saturday, Fox should have the option of moving that to the flagship network for the game of the week instead of burying them on some regional network. That happened more than once. The games that were on the flagship network were selected before the season even started, and many of them turned out to be busts. This happens because about 2/3rds of all the teams end up being much better or much worse than expected, so you can't pick a big February game in the month of September. This is why I'm in favor of setting it up the way the SEC does it. It works for them.

I have a simple view of the world. They do it, and it works. So, let's do what they do.

There should also be an FS1 promo on virtually every commercial break of every sporting event that Fox shows on its flagship network. Even if it's just a ten second bumper, or a banner that flashes up for ten seconds on the bottom of the screen. They need to do more to promote what is ultimately their own channel.
    Last edited by xubrew; 08-19-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Speaking of the SEC, their conference schedules will be released tonight at 7 PM on the SEC network. We're getting closer to a full schedule release for the upcoming season.