Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: FS1 - - Year 2

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/09...?xid=si_social

Troy Aikman has worked for Fox Sports for 15 years and has been the network’s lead NFL analyst since 2002. His reputation among staffers—especially those on his NFL production crew—is excellent. He is also known among sports media writers as being a particularly honest interview, and that was the case last week when Sports Illustrated contacted him about his network’s hiring of Skip Bayless.

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless."

Bold move by Troy.
    Last edited by xu82; 09-06-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/09...?xid=si_social

Troy Aikman has worked for Fox Sports for 15 years and has been the network’s lead NFL analyst since 2002. His reputation among staffers—especially those on his NFL production crew—is excellent. He is also known among sports media writers as being a particularly honest interview, and that was the case last week when Sports Illustrated contacted him about his network’s hiring of Skip Bayless.

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless."

Bold move by Troy.
    It was even bolder move to accuse Troy Aikmen of being gay when it wasn't true back in the 90s when people cared about that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    It was even bolder move to accuse Troy Aikmen of being gay when it wasn't true back in the 90s when people cared about that shit.
    Yep, no kidding but bold and boldly stupid are different. Did Bayless go to Missouri?
    Last edited by xu82; 09-06-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Sophomore
    SVP bringing some heat in this wapo article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...espn-is-dying/

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    SVP bringing some heat in this wapo article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...espn-is-dying/

I get that they are still big and making money, but I didn't realize their cable subscribers were down about 10% over the last 3 years. That is an ugly trend. I knew it wasn't good, but....

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I get that they are still big and making money, but I didn't realize their cable subscribers were down about 10% over the last 3 years. That is an ugly trend. I knew it wasn't good, but....
    FS1, BTNetwork, NFLTicket etc

You are killing me FS1. Fix Gus Johnson's microphone. He sounds like when they let a bridesmaid give a toast at a wedding and she eats the microphone.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Len Elmore is calling the Butler-Marquette game. Is he going to be a regular on FS1? Was always one of my favorites on ESPN.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Don't know if anyone here in Time Warner country noticed, but FS2, BTN Alternate and all of the Pac12 networks (national and regional) are now available on the HD tier. They were available only in standard def until the past weekend.

We've gone from a New Years Eve marathon (good idea) to an MLK Marathon (good idea).

Why not eight Saturday marahtons?? (FANTASTIC IDEA!!). Fox paid for this. They wanted showcases. Every Saturday should be a showcase Marathon. Have a "Game of the Week" that airs on the Fox flagship network, and run the other four games on FS1.

I really don't understand why they don't do this. If you look at the programming of Fox and FS1 throughout January and February, it's shitty. This would upgrade it. This would also showcase us. Showcasing us is a good thing for them since they purchased the rights to our product.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White