Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Former coach (last year) charged

really,,,,,,, very sad news. McKey left after last season to join the Maryland staff.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...aint/31665123/

timing wise,,,, would have been just after his hiring at Maryland

Supporting Member
    Yeah, definitely not good news. Hopefully it is true that this all happened after he left Xavier. This could get really ugly if it turns out that players reports of his misconduct were ignored by someone in the administration.

Also, did Deadspin really need to use the picture where he is standing in front of a giant Xavier logo?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Surprised this story made it to a political web site.
    At least he's IDed as a Maryland coach...and we're Xavier (of Cincinnati).

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/br...ball-sex-abuse
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I'm not trying to victim-blame, but if he had already been hired at Maryland, why did the player go to his house? To me, that's just odd. It's one thing if he's the coach and summons you to his house, I guess, but if he's left your team, why go? Odd situation.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    I'm not trying to victim-blame, but if he had already been hired at Maryland, why did the player go to his house? To me, that's just odd. It's one thing if he's the coach and summons you to his house, I guess, but if he's left your team, why go? Odd situation.
    Why not? Just cause he was leaving X, that doesn't mean she was supposed to cut off all contact with him. As one of her coaches, he obviously played a part in her life. She was probably thinking it would be nice to see her coach one last time before he left X. Probably didn't think when she showed up that he would be putting the moves on her.

Supporting Member
    Per Twitter, he has resigned from Maryland.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Why not? Just cause he was leaving X, that doesn't mean she was supposed to cut off all contact with him. As one of her coaches, he obviously played a part in her life. She was probably thinking it would be nice to see her coach one last time before he left X. Probably didn't think when she showed up that he would be putting the moves on her.
    This. Not only was he her coach, he recruited her. She probably thought it was a farewell. They obviously had a close relationship -- though apparently not as "close" as he seemed to "think." While we don't know all the facts, I don't think it's fair to blame her at all based on what has been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Yeah, definitely not good news. Hopefully it is true that this all happened after he left Xavier. This could get really ugly if it turns out that players reports of his misconduct were ignored by someone in the administration.

Also, did Deadspin really need to use the picture where he is standing in front of a giant Xavier logo?
    It certainly matters from a legal perspective, but it's still horrible. She is a Xavier student athlete, he was her coach and recruiter. Aside from the legal significance, I think his XU employment status at the time is of negligible import at most. And while we are only hearing one side of the story (since the university's hands are otherwise tied), her father's quotes are not flattering to the university, to say the least.

Sophomore
    Second player has come forward:

For some reason I can't copy the link on my phone.

Here's a link. And crappy reporting. They note that this occurred "during his tenure at Xavier," when in fact both seem to have happened on the same night in May when he was already gone from X and on board at Maryland.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/8/14...f-sexual-abuse
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.