Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Cincinnati New Futbol Team

It looks like the extra open cup games may be taking a toll. Those extra minutes add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    And FCC backs into the playoffs. Hopefully we return to open cup form and go on a run.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    And FCC backs into the playoffs. Hopefully we return to open cup form and go on a run.
    They did go 2-1-1 against Louisville this year so I guess there is a chance they could pull an upset.

Looks like the Hamilton County Commissioners don’t understand that an MLS requirement for FC Cincinnati getting one of the bids in December is that they have to have their own stadium. Their recommendation Is to play at PBS, but have said they’ll pay for a parking garage, to be paid for by the parking revenue, but nothing else. Could mean the new stadium might end up in Newport. We’ll know soon enough. FCC is running out of time to get their bid finalized.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I thought Linder was ponying up for a new place in Oakley?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Looks like the Hamilton County Commissioners don’t understand that an MLS requirement for FC Cincinnati getting one of the bids in December is that they have to have their own stadium. Their recommendation Is to play at PBS, but have said they’ll pay for a parking garage, to be paid for by the parking revenue, but nothing else. Could mean the new stadium might end up in Newport. We’ll know soon enough. FCC is running out of time to get their bid finalized.

Realistically what do you think the chances are that FCC gets the MLS bid, if you were to put a percentage on it, since you have way more inside information than I do, I know nothing about this situation other than that FCC has incredible attendance, and a couple ex-Xavier players.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Realistically what do you think the chances are that FCC gets the MLS bid, if you were to put a percentage on it, since you have way more inside information than I do, I know nothing about this situation other than that FCC has incredible attendance, and a couple ex-Xavier players.
    50/50. Information has leaked out that it is in between Nashville, Sacramento, and Cincinnati for the 2 spots to be announced in December.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    50/50. Information has leaked out that it is in between Nashville, Sacramento, and Cincinnati for the 2 spots to be announced in December.
    I think it’s better than 50/50. I think Sacramento gets one bid and Cincinnati gets the other, if FCC can get its stadium deal in place. Nashville doesn’t currently have a team at all, while Cincinnati and Sacramento both have USL teams. FCC is already outdrawing about half of MLS and everyone in the USL by a bunch. Sacramento is second in USL attendance, but averaging about 60% of FCC.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

If the Crew end up leaving Columbus, which is sounding like more and more of a sure thing, FC would pretty much assuredly get in. That might be this year or next year when the Crew are scheduled to leave. As long as they get a stadium figured out they're very likely to end up in the MLS by the 2020 season.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowDownDBrown View Post
    If the Crew end up leaving Columbus, which is sounding like more and more of a sure thing, FC would pretty much assuredly get in. That might be this year or next year when the Crew are scheduled to leave. As long as they get a stadium figured out they're very likely to end up in the MLS by the 2020 season.
    I don't think it's a done deal quite yet, but this is what I'm hearing too. FCC will directly benefit from the Crew's departure.