Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    How does it get it work getting picked by the MLS without the stadium right now? They only get picked if they have concrete confirmed plans for a new stadium? And if they have these plans in place and then dont get picked then what?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Cincinnati New Futbol Team

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    How does it get it work getting picked by the MLS without the stadium right now? They only get picked if they have concrete confirmed plans for a new stadium? And if they have these plans in place and then dont get picked then what?
    Good question. Maybe the stadium deal, whatever it might be, can be conditional on getting the MLS bid. No bid and it just goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    I know they had to submit non-binding plans in their MLS bid. They had quotes from multiple companies and basically had to show that they would be able to build it financially.

If given a franchise, they would need to build a stadium, but it wouldn't have to be the one submitted in the plans. Also, contrary to popular belief, they gave four potential sites to MLS. There still hasn't been a decision made on a stadium site.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I know they had to submit non-binding plans in their MLS bid. They had quotes from multiple companies and basically had to show that they would be able to build it financially.

If given a franchise, they would need to build a stadium, but it wouldn't have to be the one submitted in the plans. Also, contrary to popular belief, they gave four potential sites to MLS. There still hasn't been a decision made on a stadium site.
    What I dont understand though is if it is a taxpayer paid stadium (partially or otherwise) doesnt that need to be voted on? So if they submit plans hoping for that and it gets voted down then what? Did they have to submit plans that involved a privately funded stadium if need be?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

We have tremendous support and a really good thing going with FCC. Too bad we have county and city leadership that is clueless. Seriously, they will screw this up.

What I dont understand though is if it is a taxpayer paid stadium (partially or otherwise) doesnt that need to be voted on? So if they submit plans hoping for that and it gets voted down then what? Did they have to submit plans that involved a privately funded stadium if need be?
    It's been hinted at (if not outright confirmed) that the location & plan in Newport already has taxpayer funding in place via the TIF money being allocated to the larger development. That was the site they "submitted" as their proposed site in the bid, because there would be nothing else that needed to be done to get the stadium built there.

As for the Cincinnati side, there would most likely need to be a new TIF created (which wouldn't require a vote) and some other money allocated, possibly out of the current stadium tax (which doesn't ever sunset, since new revenue will be needed to fund repairs and upgrades to the existing buildings, and wouldn't require a new vote since it's already on the books).

Either way, nothing being done here is going to require or need a vote IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    It's been hinted at (if not outright confirmed) that the location & plan in Newport already has taxpayer funding in place via the TIF money being allocated to the larger development. That was the site they "submitted" as their proposed site in the bid, because there would be nothing else that needed to be done to get the stadium built there.

As for the Cincinnati side, there would most likely need to be a new TIF created (which wouldn't require a vote) and some other money allocated, possibly out of the current stadium tax (which doesn't ever sunset, since new revenue will be needed to fund repairs and upgrades to the existing buildings, and wouldn't require a new vote since it's already on the books).

Either way, nothing being done here is going to require or need a vote IMO.
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    We have tremendous support and a really good thing going with FCC. Too bad we have county and city leadership that is clueless. Seriously, they will screw this up.
    FWIW, I think it's far more likely that MLS derails it by picking larger media markets in the expansion pool.

FC Cincinnati stunk it up today. I dont know much about soccer, but it sure seems like FC Cincinnati gets rattled easily. They seem to bitch a lot and pick up unnecessary yellow/red cards.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    FC Cincinnati stunk it up today. I dont know much about soccer, but it sure seems like FC Cincinnati gets rattled easily. They seem to bitch a lot and pick up unnecessary yellow/red cards.
    And with 8 games left, they're in the last playoff spot. They better figure their shit out because their last two league games were beat downs. Even worse, the few teams in striking distance in the standings all have played 1-3 less games than them.