Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    It's going to be hard to generate any kind of atmosphere in a stadium as big as Nippert.
    Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    No, no, no. Not if they put it along the street car rail path thingy. Synergy, my friends.

(Sorry to anyone who knows about and/or cares about this stuff, I'm just pissed because my preseason NFL game is not available in any reasonable fashion.)
    This was actually spot-on.

This thread is incredible. None of us had a fucking clue how big FCC would become. Now we are likely to begin play in MLS next March with a beautiful urban arena opening in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Liverpool population 450,000
    Los Angeles population 13-17 million
    Anfield capacity 54,000
    Brand new Los Angeles FC stadium capacity 22,000

Something just doesn't seem right.
    Also, Dublin has an in city stadium that seats 82,000 and an amazing tram system.
    We should be able to do some of this stuff.
    Well Liverpool is a shit hole and the weather is god awful.There are literally about 10 other pro sports franchises in LA. Soccer is the #1 sport in England and there isn't even a close 2nd. I think MLS is doing a very, very smart thing. Try and fill up the stadiums first. You can always build something bigger 10 years from now if the demand is that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Soccer is the #1 sport in England and there isn't even a close 2nd.
    What the heck would be the #2 spectator sport? Rugby? Cricket? Formula 1 is huge in the UK, but there’s only one race in country. Tennis is big, but Wimbledon is only once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    What the heck would be the #2 spectator sport? Rugby? Cricket? Formula 1 is huge in the UK, but there’s only one race in country. Tennis is big, but Wimbledon is only once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably cricket, England has a pretty good cricket squad going to the T-20 World Cup Final a couple years back, and there they can catch games, and with their occupation in the past in the Caribbean/other markets mean they still travel to places, such as Antigua/Barbados/etc. and watch games on vacation. Hell I watched England vs Antigua when I was there in Antigua, and the crowd was split 50/50 against a VERY GOOD West Indies squad.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Well Liverpool is a shit hole and the weather is god awful.There are literally about 10 other pro sports franchises in LA. Soccer is the #1 sport in England and there isn't even a close 2nd. I think MLS is doing a very, very smart thing. Try and fill up the stadiums first. You can always build something bigger 10 years from now if the demand is that strong.
    If there are 13 million fing people in the metro, and you can't get more than 22,000 for a game, something is VERY wrong.
    Christ, they can get 22,000 for a couple of food trucks in LA. Give me a break.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    This thread is incredible. None of us had a fucking clue how big FCC would become. Now we are likely to begin play in MLS next March with a beautiful urban arena opening in 2021.
    We went to our first Atlanta United game in the Mercedes Benz Dome on Sunday. WOW! No one told me there would be zero sitting the entire game. The place was PACKED and rockin’! (Third level of dome closed off with United stuff hanging down.) Maybe the best part is my son’s girlfriend had passes to the SunTrust Club through work on the field level.....and it came with free food and open bars. Not just hot dogs, but carving stations and other high quality food. We had a BLAST! I’ll go back for sure, but it will never be THAT good again without the passes.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    How big will the new stadium be? And how much will the tickets be?

There has to be some fear that leaving Nippert and increasing ticket prices drives at least some portion of the fans away right? Obviously not the die hards, but the more casual lets take the family to the game for $40 total crowd?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    How big will the new stadium be? And how much will the tickets be?

There has to be some fear that leaving Nippert and increasing ticket prices drives at least some portion of the fans away right? Obviously not the die hards, but the more casual lets take the family to the game for $40 total crowd?
    I can’t answer your Cincinnati specific questions, but I will say I was shocked at the Atlanta prices in the Mercedes Benz Dome. Good seats were $350/each and the cheap ones were about $100. That may have been just for the opener, but I just passed........ until we got the primo free passes (see above). I was more shocked by how rockin’ it was than the prices! It was AWESOME and CRAZY.

I hope there is a more affordable way to do this, because it’s a blast.