General Contractor needed

Need bids to make the deck four seasonal. Bradenjohn@danagardens.com 513-631-2337
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

I'm your guy! The work will be terrible and you'll be setting yourself up for potential lawsuits from patrons, but you can pay me in beer.

I've been trying to get bids on a home addition. 1 guy called me back out of 4. Of the 3 that didn't one actually had the plans sent directly to him by our architect and I confirmed with him he received. Talked to some co-workers who have had similar issues on projects. A general contractor in the Cincy-Dayton corridor could make an absolute killing if they would simply call someone back.

Working in residential real estate, I can tell you that the general contractors are absolutely slammed right now. The roofers, painters, and driveway guys are even worse thanks to a ton of rain this summer. That said, it's incredible how many people do not even return phone calls.

Supporting Member
    trust me it isn't limited to the Cincinnati-Dayton area. My wife and I have been trying to get quotes for a backyard patio, some remodeling of our kitchen, and to have someone look at a roof at a rental house we are trying to buy ....they may call back but it will be 4-5 weeks later.

The thing is...these people are making a killing right now, so in their mind, they don't have the incentive to call anyone back. Bad business I know, but I think that's just how they view things, and that's one of the reasons there are such ebbs and flows in that business...no one is really a good business person..or at least they are few and far between.