Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Sam Dubose / Officer Tensing Murder Indictment.

The contradiction between the video and the corroborated report submitted by Tensing has to put to rest once and for all that body cameras and dash cameras have to be made mandatory. I would rather have 5 cops on the street with cameras than 10 without. It's time to find the money to pay for this. Cops are prone to coverup even when they aren't trying to.

When the prosecutor calls you chicken shit and asinine, you know it's bad.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

A little OT, but Santa Ono is such a weird name.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Without a body camera this is just another story of a cop feeling threatened for his life and killing an unarmed man out of "self defense."
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 07-29-2015 at 02:26 PM.
    Run the table.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Joe Deters certainly didn't pull any punches today in regards to both Tensing and the UC police department.

I am glad to have Joe Deters as the prosecutor in this city for situations like this.

Body cameras are such a great resource for the police officers on the beat. More often than not, they will exonerate and support the officer, but they are even more useful in situations like this when an officer exhibited terrible judgement. Before the video was released, I struggled to understand how a stop for missing a front license plate could lead to a dead man. The video clearly showed how tragic this event became, and I hope the CPD soon has body cameras for all officers.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

That video is disgusting, and I have no earthly idea what that cop was thinking. This is not an indictment on all law enforcement officers, only of Officer Tensing. I can't for the life of me figure out why he thought it was necessary to shoot DuBose in the head like that. Jump in your car, and pursue him, there was absolutely no reason for Tensing to draw his firearm, let alone discharge it.

I feel for the DuBose family and am confident Tensing will be in prison for a very long time.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

All-Conference
    Body cams are the answer.

It's funny how people assume this comes down to race lines...but 99% of people really just want to see the video to make up their minds. And then the truth tells the story. There's no denying the eye in the sky.

wow... I'm speechless.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    wow... I'm speechless.
    by the decision? or the fact that there isn't 28 pages of responses by now?

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Body cameras are such a great resource for the police officers on the beat. More often than not, they will exonerate and support the officer, but they are even more useful in situations like this when an officer exhibited terrible judgement.
    It's my understanding that a strong majority of cops want body cameras simply to reduce fallacious claims of police misconduct. If it's on camera, then there won't be many grey areas or questions about who is telling the truth.