Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    At, this point, it's all about getting paid apparently for DFW.

Near the end of the line, so cash in one more big chip, then maybe sign a minimum deal (Ala Mike Miller) to hopefully scarf onto a ring.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post

Near the end of the line, so cash in one more big chip, then maybe sign a minimum deal (Ala Mike Miller) to hopefully scarf onto a ring.
    I don't know about the payment part. I read an article, probably posted here, that said he was being overpaid. If the article was accurate, that would suggest by opting out he's willing to play for less.

Maybe he's more looking for a ring. I hear the Cavs might need a power forward.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I don't know about the payment part. I read an article, probably posted here, that said he was being overpaid. If the article was accurate, that would suggest by opting out he's willing to play for less.

Yeah I dont think it has to do with money at all, that is why I was so surprised to hear he opted out and thought it was maybe a team option. He wont make near as much next year as he would have. And the Knicks wouldnt spend a lot on him at all so if he goes there it isnt about money. Also if he goes to the Knicks it isnt about rings either. I would think it would be all about location for D-West if he goes to NY.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post

Nah, not the Cavs. They still have Varejao under contract and Tristan Thompson will be going nowhere else. Kevin Love will re-sign too, despite his opting out. Cavs are loaded at forward.

All these guys opting out is about money. The salary cap is going up and there is more $ available for salaries. I cannot believe that DWest would opt out from the Paces to go to.......The Knicks? That really makes no sense unless they are going to pay him. If his agent advised him to opt out, it had to be for money...or he had indications that someone like Houston, Golden State, OKC, Memphis, the Clippers or maybe even Atlanta- contenders- wanted his services. That would be for the ring.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Nah, not the Cavs. They still have Varejao under contract and Tristan Thompson will be going nowhere else. Kevin Love will re-sign too, despite his opting out. Cavs are loaded at forward.

All these guys opting out is about money. The salary cap is going up and there is more $ available for salaries. I cannot believe that DWest would opt out from the Paces to go to.......The Knicks? That really makes no sense unless they are going to pay him. If his agent advised him to opt out, it had to be for money...or he had indications that someone like Houston, Golden State, OKC, Memphis, the Clippers or maybe even Atlanta- contenders- wanted his services. That would be for the ring.
    The Knicks won't pay him anywhere near what he would have been paid by the Pacers next year. I can't see anyone who would or any situation in which him opting out results in him getting more money. Him opting out wasn't about money.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Salary cap rise or not, I can't imagine anyone paying West close to the 12 million he was going to get with Indy. Of course, the Knicks are idiots, so maybe, but I don't see it. (I don't really buy the Knicks rumor at all. He'll go to a contender, I'll stick with my Clippers prediction)

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The Knicks won't pay him anywhere near what he would have been paid by the Pacers next year. I can't see anyone who would or any situation in which him opting out results in him getting more money. Him opting out wasn't about money.
    Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Salary cap rise or not, I can't imagine anyone paying West close to the 12 million he was going to get with Indy. Of course, the Knicks are idiots, so maybe, but I don't see it. (I don't really buy the Knicks rumor at all. He'll go to a contender, I'll stick with my Clippers prediction)
    No one is going to pay him 12mil next year, but I bet get he gets a 2/3 year contract for 20-25 mil total. He's playing the long game
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

I retract my statement that he wants to win a ring.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...n-free-agency/

Yeah, the Knicks is a real head scratcher. Disappointing as a fan, but if it's what he wants, than great for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    No one is going to pay him 12mil next year, but I bet get he gets a 2/3 year contract for 20-25 mil total. He's playing the long game
    No way. I've been seeing 3 years for a total of 9million.