Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It's funny two of the best players to have ever played the sport (Jordan and Bird), are pretty bad at running teams. I know Bird has had a little bit of success obviously way more than Jordan, but still not the best front office man either.
    I think Bird has done ok considering that Indianapolis is the most mayonnaise city in the United States. He's definitely effed some things up but has also put together some pretty damn good teams. He just can't get them to that next level which is hard to do in Indy.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodburn View Post
    DFW is a guy you want in your foxhole.

David West Opting out

I would be thrilled. THRILLED. If he became a Clipper. We know Doc loves him...

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I would be thrilled. THRILLED. If he became a Clipper. We know Doc loves him...
    I'd hate it. They're a team full of pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Im pretty sure he'd tell Chris and Blake to stop making gay commercials and win something.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    That is the exact reason he should be a Clipper.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Im pretty sure he'd tell Chris and Blake to stop making gay commercials and win something.
    I have zero respect for Chris Paul. He whines constantly and punches opponents in the junk. He's the worst.

Sophomore
    That Damn Bird - if he hadn't caused Paul George to break his leg, who knows what might have happened.

There are both supporters and detractors here in Indy for Bird. I happen to be a supporter. His predecessor, Donnie Walsh, is supposed to be a genius but other than drafting Reggie Miller he didn't have a stellar career at Indy and did nothing for the Knicks.

The biggest problem the Pacers have had, IMO, is either being in the playoffs or just outside of them. In other words they have never been bad enough to get a really high pick. Even though a draft might be "deep" like they say this year was, the odds of getting someone after the first few picks who ends up truly being a star and for many years are not very good.

I believe after West's NO playing time, all he wanted was to be on a team to win.
    He tried it with Indiana, but with Paul George injured and LeBron James in the East, odds are not looking good for Indiana.

Now try to pick the best championship contender. That is very difficult. Cleveland in the East or 3-4 teams in the West. Only one team will win it all. Its a gamble West is trying to make. He has maybe 2 more productive years in him. A power forward takes a grind and beating.

Brian Grant tried the same thing when he left Portland to join Alonzo Mourning and Miami Heat then Mouning's career was crushed after an injury and Grant was playing center. He tried Phoenix with lots of talent but that failed.
    Lots of luck!