Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Surprised to hear he is opting out. Was it definitely him who opted out or did the team not pick up his option? I imagine he would be making decent money at the end of his deal that was probably signed years ago. Cant imagine he will make more with a new deal at this age, but again I dont know what the numbers were. Love D-West, hope he goes to a team with a chance to win, and if not then hope he goes to the Knicks!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Surprised to hear he is opting out. Was it definitely him who opted out or did the team not pick up his option? I imagine he would be making decent money at the end of his deal that was probably signed years ago. Cant imagine he will make more with a new deal at this age, but again I dont know what the numbers were. Love D-West, hope he goes to a team with a chance to win, and if not then hope he goes to the Knicks!
    It was his option. He declined to exercise it. Pacers aren't exactly all broken up about it with an effort to retool the roster this summer but it is completely accepted in Indy that David was the bedrock of the team. West and Hibbert would both be gone after next year anyway. As mentioned - they want to run.

He won't make more money at this age. This is classic DFW - not strictly about money. Unlike most, he literally puts his money where his mouth is.
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

Sophomore
    I wouldn't rule Charlotte out either if he wants to return home.

If he's thinking Charlotte, he should just go ahead and retire. DC is almost as close to home as Charlotte. Maybe the Bullets would be interested?

My guess would be the Clippers. They have no frontcourt depth behind Blake/DeAndre. Can play 20 minutes off of the bench, content for a title and reunite with CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    My guess would be the Clippers. They have no frontcourt depth behind Blake/DeAndre. Can play 20 minutes off of the bench, content for a title and reunite with CP3.
    Yeah I was thinking this too. CP3 wanted West to come to LA last time he was a free agent.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    The Clippers will never play for a title with Blake (all flash no substance) Griffin @ center, and Doc Rivers as coach.

Why can't Doc get them a title? He won a title in Boston.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Why can't Doc get them a title? He won a title in Boston.
    Because he's also serving as GM, and he's made some questionable personnel choices as GM.

Just one opinion
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    The Clippers will never play for a title with Blake (all flash no substance) Griffin @ center, and Doc Rivers as coach.
    Well no because he doesn't play center...