Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quentin Goodin - PG

Ranked 67th on 247 sports, 95th on ESPN.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/stat...12151932395520

Quentin Goodin told ESPN his list of finalists are Florida, Xavier, Miami, Western Kentucky and Louisville.

http://247sports.com/Player/Quentin-Goodin-26836
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...quentin-goodin

That's an eclectic group. Without looking, he MUST be from Bowling Green or nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That's an eclectic group. Without looking, he MUST be from Bowling Green or nearby.
    Western Kentucky is there because of a great relationship he has with one of the assistants. Once you account for that, though, it's still a weird list.

I have a friend who's son has played with Quentin in summer and camps for better players. When I found out I drilled him for info.
    *Big strong kid
    *Elite level athlete
    *Had a good showing in a summer camp n got on the map
    *Might be a little overrated because of weak competition
    *Really good kid with smarts and a great personality
    *Not a good shooter
    *When he gets hot he is unstoppable in HS
    *Got hot late in the season and stayed hot while carrying his team to the Kentucky Sweet 16.
    *When I asked if he could ever play pro ball he said,"Big Q's good but I don't know about that. Maybe. I don't know"

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    *Got hot late in the season and stayed hot while carrying his team to the Kentucky Sweet 16.
    What level does his school compete in? Are they in the Kentucky division equivalent to Ohio's Division 1? Just curious, because I would be interested to see his stats/production in the KY state tournament. And if they played in the Sweet 16 of that tournament, he must have been facing some decent competition, as most teams that qualify for state aren't usually crappy teams. I guess it is Kentucky we are talking about though, so I guess that might not be the case..

I have a friend who's son has played with Quentin in summer and camps for better players. When I found out I drilled him for info.
    *Big strong kid
    *Elite level athlete
    *Had a good showing in a summer camp n got on the map
    *Really good kid with smarts and a great personality
    *Not a good shooter
    *When he gets hot he is unstoppable in HS
    *Got hot late in the season and stayed hot
    while carrying his team to the Kentucky Sweet 16.
    *When I asked if he could ever play pro ball he said,"Big Q's good but I don't know about that. Maybe. I don't know"
    Thanks for the info.
    So, when you say, "He got hot..stayed hot...unstoppable" what is he doing because you also say he's "not a good shooter"?
    What is his skill set according to your info?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Remember his friend but competitor is calling him overrated. Also Ky doesn't have classes in basketball as far as school size go. That means Q played against a lot of small schools with 6'2 power forwards and centers. To carry a team to the Sweet 16 is huge though considering he has not one all state player on his team beside him. UCGRAD4X he's unstoppable in the open court and getting to the rim cause of his vertical. Also, he shoots less than 40% from 3 but from what I understand, he went on about a 7 game tear shooting around 50%. I love this pickup. Props to Mack.

Another friend of Gooding's name is Dominique Compton. I also know his family but haven't personally met Domo as his friends call him. Anyways, he dropped 48 points in the Kentucky All A Classic State Tournament(All time single game state tournament record) while winning in the process. I hear his best offer has been Bowling Green and Western Kentucky. I would love for Mack to take a look at this kid. He's only around 5'11 but dunks with ease and is blazing fast. He won the regional championship in the high jump, long jump, and 110 meter hurdles too. He's such a humble kid with a wonderful mom. If you liked Dee Davis, you would love Domo. With Xavier's recent jump to the Big East and the awesome recruits Mack's getting, I don't imagine he has to look for kids that are a little under the radar or diamonds in the rough so to speak now though.

By the way, Gooding's averaging a solid 25ppg this year.

If you liked Dee Davis, you would love Domo.

Then pass