Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonny Kim

RIP. Terrible story
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 06-22-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Sonny Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    UC offering full tuition to Kim's children, should they choose to attend UC. Kim is a UC alumnus.

Great show of support for the family and the legacy. Solid decision by Ono.
    Agreed. As much as we like to rag on UC, that's a class move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    UC offering full tuition to Kim's children, should they choose to attend UC. Kim is a UC alumnus.

Great show of support for the family and the legacy. Solid decision by Ono.
    Classy move, indeed.
    Zip'em Up!

Man what a horrible story. I was out of town for a few days. I couldn't read the son's Instagram in the article. I just started crying.

Thank you for your personal insight Thor. I just feel horrible. And that indeed was a classy move by UC. That is a great move.

What happens to the families of fallen police and firemen? Do they get a pension on an income? Are they going to struggle financially on top of all that?

This sucks.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Man what a horrible story. I was out of town for a few days. I couldn't read the son's Instagram in the article. I just started crying.

Thank you for your personal insight Thor. I just feel horrible. And that indeed was a classy move by UC. That is a great move.

What happens to the families of fallen police and firemen? Do they get a pension on an income? Are they going to struggle financially on top of all that?

This sucks.
    Don't quote me on this but I believe that because he died while in the line of duty that the family does receive a pension/benefits.

Sonny Kim

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Did Kim hesitate to shoot first because of past events? I don't know the answer to that.
    Occam's Razor: He was probably trying to resolve the situation nonviolently using common de-escalation techniques. Not every cop immediately resorts to pulling a weapon, and I know a few who have never or almost never drawn their gun, even in the face of other guns. Also, in the end he was the first to shoot when it had to come down to that. He just missed or didn't get a good enough hit.

This story is awful. My good friend was his student and friend, and she's definitely hurting.
    Last edited by XUFan09; 06-22-2015 at 02:56 PM.

I don't know what he was "probably" doing or thinking, nor do you. I just hope he didn't hesitate due to recent events when he saw the guy had a gun.

Sonny Kim

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I don't know what he was "probably" doing or thinking, nor do you. I just hope he didn't hesitate due to recent events when he saw the guy had a gun.
    No, I don't know, but I can still make an educated guess based off what I know about the guy and the fact that he was still able to shoot first.

Also, there's a reason that Occam's Razor is a term; the simpler explanation often is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I believe that because he died while in the line of duty that the family does receive a pension/benefits.
    as well as donations:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...-kim/29028215/

OK, and nice gesture by UC.
    2023 Sweet 16

So did the officer shoot first or did the guy who called 911 shoot first?