Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rishad Gaston

Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Yes, i only mentioned Kent State and USF because they had not been mentioned yet in this thread.

Those two being in the mix tells me he may not be a take for either Dayton and/or us.

If you definitely have an offer from us, you definitely don't consider visiting Dayton or Kent State
    Fixed it for you.
    And I fixed it for you

Sophomore
    UD just took a transfer that's 6'7" and plays the 3/4 I would have to think UD is out for him now

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    UD just took a transfer that's 6'7" and plays the 3/4 I would have to think UD is out for him now
    I thought Dayton had a pretty small frontcourt, though. If so, they have room for some big bodies.

Edit: I just checked and they were really small this year. After dismissing Devon Scott and Jalen Robinson, they had no one on the team bigger than 6'6". In the 2015 class, they have guards and wings. They do have one legitimate big in redshirt freshman Steve McElvene, but they aren't going to put all their eggs in that basket. It's probably easy for them to sell the opportunity for playing time to a real big, just as it for Xavier who only has Sean O'Mara in 2016-2017.
    Last edited by XUFan09; 06-12-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Sophomore
    By the way his name is spelled 'Rashid'. I tried to go back and change it, but I can't figure out a way to change a thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I'd rather hold the scholly open. Xavier can do better IMO.
    I can't recall too many (if any) instances where we really wanted someone, and he really wanted us, and there wasn't a scholly available.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I can't recall too many (if any) instances where we really wanted someone, and he really wanted us, and there wasn't a scholly available.
    For who? When? They have 2 open.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    For who? When? They have 2 open.
    Pretty sure that's LA's point. It's never happened, so no reason to save scholarships worrying about it happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Pretty sure that's LA's point. It's never happened, so no reason to save scholarships worrying about it happening now.
    Exactly. (But you said it better.)

I guess I'm just a bit disappointed in the recruiting thus far this year. I really thought with last year's recruiting class, this year's success in the tourney, BE conference, that Xavier would have a recruit or two already in hand. Arg.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I guess I'm just a bit disappointed in the recruiting thus far this year. I really thought with last year's recruiting class, this year's success in the tourney, BE conference, that Xavier would have a recruit or two already in hand. Arg.
    I think a lot of that just has to do with when most of our priority recruits are deciding. Simpson looked like he was getting ready to decide, but he's pushed it back a little. Most other guys aren't going to be ready to decide until August or September, maybe even October for some of them.