Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm going to assume the one time it worked was 1990.

So...do I blame you or your mom for our World Series drought since 1976.
    Ha, no I think it was early 2000's. I just wanted to do anything but biking for Mother's Day one year. It is still a running joke to this day in my family. My dad will periodically text me and my brothers and tell us he has a little trip planned to the Loveland Bike trail next time we are home.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

If I remember correctly, the Loveland (or Little Miami, same thing) bike trail is about 75 miles long. Once the Wasson Way corridor connects to Otto Armleder/Lunken and that connects to the Loveland route, it's going to be about 100 miles of path. That's going to be awhile though, because part of those involve an active rail line next to the connector, not exactly a good idea. I do half centuries rather often on the trail, and it will be great to finally have a new route to go without having to worry about cars. Plus, finishing up at Danas and having a Muskieburger and a Herschel has me geeked too.

As an aside, the TIGER grants are extremely competitive, last year there were over 600 applications, only 75 awarded. What is going for Wasson Way is the urban setting. There are very few actual urban trails like this, and impact studies showing the population numbers of potential users far outpace about 95% of other TIGER applicants. It's a strong, strong grant application.
    Last edited by PM Thor; 06-03-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea how they are going to do the Wasson/Edwards corner, it's a train wreck as it is now, )
    Ha.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

The outrage is that Razors cost way too much!!!
    Balls of Steele!!

You should not be a cyclist then.

I should just run.
    Last edited by PM Thor; 06-03-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Can we use any of the TIGER grant to buy Liz Rogers a bicycle?

Maybe Ms. Rogers would prefer a scholarship to the Police Academy?

I just love that Kahns has appointed himself the spending watchdog. Any time we don't get up in arms about spending the way we did over the streetcar, here comes Kahns.

I'm glad others have already answered his charges so I don't feel the need. I'm really pleased to see reference to actual CAUSATIONAL studies for some of the projects, something sorely lacking for the streetcar. The last time I remember this community relying on correlational studies for a big civic project, we got the stadium deal.

Where is the outrage, again.

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    The last time I remember this community relying on correlational studies for a big civic project, we got the stadium deal.
    Which is itself a correlational argument.

Read up on the St. Louis stadium deal, and then send thank you gifts to Bedinghouse and the Brown family, Cincy Bengal fans.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Read up on the St. Louis stadium deal, and then send thank you gifts to Bedinghouse and the Brown family, Cincy Bengal fans.
    Just because there may be a worse stadium deal out there doesnt mean the one in Cincinnati isnt terrible as well.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17