We sound like a fallback for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph85 View Post
    What he said.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Murph85 View Post
    Meh maybe. I din't get that from the article, unless it is inferred because in the article they mention Xavier last.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Which is why I don't follow recruits until they actually sign. I don't need to cry over potential spilled milk.
    Spilled milk? No. Spilled beer? WAH!!!

Committed to the University of Michigan Wolverines today. Good luck Xavier!!!! Made a great choice if you didn't choose to be a Xavier Musketeer.

Would've been nice to have him but Goodin has a higher ceiling in my opinion. Maybe we will play him before his time at Michigan is over, Go Muskies!

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkmuskie View Post
    Would've been nice to have him but Goodin has a higher ceiling in my opinion. Maybe we will play him before his time at Michigan is over, Go Muskies!
    I'm not suggesting anything wrong in his recruiting at all, but he named a final 5 and Michigan wasn't in it. Then, he takes a visit to Wisconsin (which wasn't listed either, if I'm not mistaken) and then drops by Michigan on his way home and commits. I think we'd all be questioning our coaching staff if they had put their eggs in the Xavier Simpson basket, instead of the Quentin Goodin basket. Solid move by the coaches- and it is even more apparent now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlbert View Post
    I'm not suggesting anything wrong in his recruiting at all, but he named a final 5 and Michigan wasn't in it. Then, he takes a visit to Wisconsin (which wasn't listed either, if I'm not mistaken) and then drops by Michigan on his way home and commits. I think we'd all be questioning our coaching staff if they had put their eggs in the Xavier Simpson basket, instead of the Quentin Goodin basket. Solid move by the coaches- and it is even more apparent now.
    Well he didn't hold an offer from Michigan until then. So he couldn't really have them on his "list." And once Cassius Winston and Quentin Goodin were out of the mix, Simpson probably became a very high priority. He may have misplayed his hand at XU, but Michigan is a great school. Best of luck to the kid.

Sophomore
    Michigan pulled their offer to Cassius Winston and gave it to Xavier Simpson after Xavier told them he wanted to commit. Michigan wanted Winston badly but didn't want to wait for a commit.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Michigan pulled their offer to Cassius Winston and gave it to Xavier Simpson after Xavier told them he wanted to commit. Michigan wanted Winston badly but didn't want to wait for a commit.
    That's not the the chronology as I understand it. Simpson came for an unofficial visit, got an offer, and accepted on the spot. Since they didn't need a 2nd PG in that class, they then pulled Winston's offer. Was Michigan sick of waiting and concerned that they may strike out on all their PG targets? I can only imagine the answer to that question is ABSOLUTELY. Ironically, Simpson basically had the same thing happen to XU with Goodin. Although it sounds like XU at least gave him a heads-up and a chance to preempt the Goodin commitment--whereas I'm not seeing similar reports vis-a-vis Michigan and Winston.