Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xavier Simpson

A guy who says his name Egg-Zay-Vee-Ur playing for UC? Dislike.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Cumberland is one of his teammates, so he's naturally paying attention to UC today, plus he's retweeting fan attention he's getting like any recruit, which happens to include a decent number of UC fans wanting "to collect the set," so to speak. I wouldn't read much into it, unless it goes beyond today. If it persists, though, then things get a bit interesting.

Edit: The reason I say this is I've seen the same thing play out with Xavier commits. A guy commits, his teammate who is also a high-D1 recruit is excited for him and is tweeting stuff about Xavier, and suddenly Xavier fans are like, "Maybe we can get him too!". They start tweeting at the teammate, and he retweets because he likes the attention and they're his teammates' new fans. Maybe in that moment of excitement he's thinking it could be cool to keep playing ball with the new Xavier commit, but by a day or two later, that feeling had subsided and nothing came of the whole thing.
    Part of it is because their coach is Simpson's father and he said the two want to play together in college. However that was told to a Purdue website back in May (who were recruiting both players). Cincinnati isn't really interested in a PG for the 2016 class and has not been recruiting Simpson thus far.

You guys with that twitter stuff, ramp it up and talk Kaiser's buddy Kobi Simmons to come to X next year.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Xavier Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
    Part of it is because their coach is Simpson's father and he said the two want to play together in college. However that was told to a Purdue website back in May (who were recruiting both players). Cincinnati isn't really interested in a PG for the 2016 class and has not been recruiting Simpson thus far.
    Thanks for the input. Yeah, I remember hearing that they wanted to play together in college back when Xavier was renewing the conversation with Cumberland but didn't think much of it, because these package deals rarely happen.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    You guys with that twitter stuff, ramp it up and talk Kaiser's buddy Kobi Simmons to come to X next year.
    Nah, I don't want the NCAA enforcement staff sniffing around here.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    So, of course I had to look this guy up, only to find we are one of the few schools on the planet not to offer this guy. Top schools, small schools, schools near and far. All of which confounds me and reinforces just how little I know about which schools chase which kids, and why.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    So, of course I had to look this guy up, only to find we are one of the few schools on the planet not to offer this guy. Top schools, small schools, schools near and far. All of which confounds me and reinforces just how little I know about which schools chase which kids, and why.
    Which is why I don't follow recruits until they actually sign. I don't need to cry over potential spilled milk.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Xavier Simpson

Maybe we didn't make him an offer because he pronounces Xavier wrong?!?!?!? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Maybe we didn't make him an offer because he pronounces Xavier wrong?!?!?!? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We definitely have an offer out to Xavier Simpson and we're in his top 5 or 6. They're referring to Kobi Simmons, the #7 or so overall recruit in 2016. He was a high school teammate of Kaiser Gates.