Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Xavier Simpson

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    That's not the the chronology as I understand it. Simpson came for an unofficial visit, got an offer, and accepted on the spot. Since they didn't need a 2nd PG in that class, they then pulled Winston's offer. Was Michigan sick of waiting and concerned that they may strike out on all their PG targets? I can only imagine the answer to that question is ABSOLUTELY. Ironically, Simpson basically had the same thing happen to XU with Goodin. Although it sounds like XU at least gave him a heads-up and a chance to preempt the Goodin commitment--whereas I'm not seeing similar reports vis-a-vis Michigan and Winston.
    Michigan didn't want to risk losing out on all of their targets when they had 1 who was ready immediately, even if it wasn't their top guy.
    Simpson committed to the Michigan staff (privately) after visiting on Sunday, and didn't announce it until yesterday.
    Sometime in between Sunday night and Wednesday morning, Michigan called Cassius and told him he no longer had a scholarship available.

Sophomore
    My initial post wasn't meant to be in chronological order, just summarized what happened.