Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Simpson

Xavier Simpson

@BSnowScout: Per his AAU team website @Xaviersimpson3 is announcing at 6 pm tomorrow at his high school

He's listed at 5'10", which means he's shorter.
    Yikes. I hope Sumner can really play.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

No worries Paul, I would take Simpson in a heart beat. Very crafty, not selfish - will drive to the basket, get two defenders and dish off to the big for a dunk. If Simpson was on the team this year, I would not be concerned about the PG position at all. The boy can play. Hopefully Xavier comes to Xavier.
    Balls of Steele!!

Fred Van Vleet is listed at 6 foot, which means he's probably closer to 5'10". If he was on our roster, we'd be preseason top 10. I'm not concerned about a PG being small as long as he can play.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/15...et-to-announce

Small article about Simpson, but I do like this sentence toward the end of the above article:

"The most recent visit that Simpson took was an unofficial to Xavier, and since then he has made no other visits."

I have to think that is somewhat positive. Per another article I read, he took his unofficial visit to XU on April 29. I like that he hasn't visited any other schools since. I couldn't seem to find much information on any other visits he may have taken prior to the XU visit.

Here is another link to an article, from the Indy Star, about Xavier Simpson:
    http://www.indystar.com/story/recrui...tler/26851889/

Some solid quotes from that article from Simpson:

Xavier may be the frontrunner to land Simpson.

"They stand high," he said of Xavier. "They've been on me for a while and have shown a lot of loyalty. They've definitely been there and been supporting me. I really like Xavier."

He had this to say about his Butler:
    Butler offered Simpson about three weeks ago.

"It made me proud (to get the offer)," he said. "I don't know much about Butler but I'm getting to communicate with their coaches a little more. We'll see how things go."

Would love to land this kid! Should we land his services, he would also be ANOTHER 4-star we beat Butler out for...

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    No worries Paul, I would take Simpson in a heart beat. Very crafty, not selfish - will drive to the basket, get two defenders and dish off to the big for a dunk. If Simpson was on the team this year, I would not be concerned about the PG position at all. The boy can play. Hopefully Xavier comes to Xavier.
    Well...OK then.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Now it doesn't look like he'll decide tomorrow.

https://iowa.rivals.com/barrier_noen...sp&cid=1769344

This article from yesterday has very different quotes vs his quotes on X from earlier in the thread....makes it seem like it's a wide open race. Let's hope Xavier gets Xavier!

Sophomore
    Simpson has been retweeting UC stuff all day. Seems like he is angling for an offer from them.

https://twitter.com/Xaviersimpson3

Xavier Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Simpson has been retweeting UC stuff all day. Seems like he is angling for an offer from them.

https://twitter.com/Xaviersimpson3
    Cumberland is one of his teammates, so he's naturally paying attention to UC today, plus he's retweeting fan attention he's getting like any recruit, which happens to include a decent number of UC fans wanting "to collect the set," so to speak. I wouldn't read much into it, unless it goes beyond today. If it persists, though, then things get a bit interesting.

Edit: The reason I say this is I've seen the same thing play out with Xavier commits. A guy commits, his teammate who is also a high-D1 recruit is excited for him and is tweeting stuff about Xavier, and suddenly Xavier fans are like, "Maybe we can get him too!". They start tweeting at the teammate, and he retweets because he likes the attention and they're his teammates' new fans. Maybe in that moment of excitement he's thinking it could be cool to keep playing ball with the new Xavier commit, but by a day or two later, that feeling had subsided and nothing came of the whole thing.
    Last edited by XUFan09; 07-01-2015 at 04:10 PM.