Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cincy Bell Fioptics: Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I think so but do t hold me to that. I actually have both networks set up in my house. Both work and one is with their router and one is with mine. I choose the stronger signal which seems to be mine.
    I don't know the password to their router, so I couldn't connect to it I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

So Fiopitics did an upgrade to their system & they completely wiped out everyones DVR's and there is no way to get the content back. Needless to say my 16 year old daughter was none too pleased. They are giving out a $25 credit for March's bill for the "inconvenience".

Most of the system changes are nice but they just dont't seem to get it.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; 02-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    Zip'em Up!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    So Fiopitics did an upgrade to their system & they completely wiped out everyones DVR's and there is no way to get the content back. Needless to say my 16 year old daughter was none too pleased. They are giving out a $25 credit for March's bill for the "inconvenience".

Most of the system changes are nice but they just dont't seem to get it.
    How much warning? Any? That would not go over well at my house.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

We've got Fioptics and our DVR still has everything on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Same story here. Got notice of an upgrade. Told we had two weeks to empty the DVR. They did the upgrade early. Wiped it clean, $25 credit.

More annoying was after he upgrade the tv needed an activation code which it took them 24 hours to get to me. I just remembered something. The DVR scheduler probably got hosed as well.

What was the one commercial that was so awful during the NCAAs one year. Something about the husband wiping "Glitter Party Dance Off" off the DVR and having to deal with the daughters tantrums

The new interface for on demand is sluggish as hell.
    - David Bowers ('95)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Not an awful commercial by any means, but this classic NCAA Tournament commercial turns 10 this year:

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    How much warning? Any? That would not go over well at my house.
    None. They intended to offer it to new subscribers and on a per request basis but someone miss-cued the system and pushed it out to everyone. DVR, scheduling and over 24 hours of access was lost. Our DVR was full. Most of those shows are not available on Hulu which is why we kept them. At $1.99 an episode iTunes, $25 doesn't even begin to cover it. And this is typical Cincy Bell experience. Decades ago we switched to Zoomtown and their email service. Within the fist month their system crashed, dumped emails and went offline for almost a week. They sent most of their customer service staff home over the weekend anyway.

If the only other broadband service in town didn't bend us over in order to get a guaranteed minimum download, we'd have dropped it long ago.

Was watchinng on demand The Blacklist show, only had 10 minutes left and pasued it to go to bathroom. Was gone for a minute and came back and picture was frozen. So, if I want to watch this episode again I have to start over. Box in family room keeps freezing too, won't even turn on and I have to unpplug box and reboot it. My patience is wearing thin with the Fioptics experiment. Thank the Lord I don't have any contract. I keep telling myself we are saving money but I am getting very close to where it's just not worth it.
    Zip'em Up!

Yes the DVR scheduler did get hosed. Had to set it all back up.

Buffering/skipping/freezing becoming an issue. I've had to unplug and restart more times than I care to count.

The new on demand interface is horrid

And my one year introductory rate just ended.

Talk about getting hosed. Time to call and whine?
    - David Bowers ('95)

Fioptics DVR just sucks.