Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dee was part of the same thread of leadership that Tu Holloway came from. Always calm and steady. Love that in a point guard.

Dee holds the record for most black eyes in a Xavier career, which speaks to his fearless courage. At the end of his Senior year, he knew that he was the only viable option at Point Guard and that he would be called upon to play 40 minutes in high profile and critical games that would make or break the season. Despite that pressure and the game after game marathon, he performed at an incredibly high level. Thank You Dee for winning the SucKS game and for your steel balls free throws at the end of the Creighton game. We can truly say that you saved your absolute best basketball for the end.

Good Luck, Tough Nut!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    I like the references to how tough Dee is. He really did go after it and came through when we needed him. I will miss his leadership, his quiet confidence and some fantastic guard play. His one twos with Stainbrook were a joy to watch. I even got used to that high release point jumper at the end.

Best of Luck Mr. Davis -- you've earned your place in Xavier Basketball history.

I really love the last paragraph "Xavier is trending up as a program. They will eventually hang a Final Four banner at Cintas and hopefully a National Championship one right next to it. When they do, I hope everyone involved takes a moment to think back on the unheralded players who fought tooth and nail to drag themselves and their team to the top level of collegiate basketball competition. When the Musketeers finally reach the mountaintop, it will be because they are standing on the shoulders of giants like Dee Davis."

Dee is IMHO the second best career point in X history, and not just for the assists stats.

Lost games to concussions, almost all from hustling and digging with guys twice his size. He and Stainbrook working together was a thing of beauty, and an example of all that I love about college basketball.

I'm not sure the TV coverage picked up Dee in the last futile moments of the BE championship game, but the guy wanted to WIN, and he was devastated. What a competitor. stoic, no trash talking, no bitching about calls, on to the next possession.

Give us more like him....maybe at 6-2', if we can dream.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.